And the AJC Sport Page's top story is..

I just don't understand why the AJC, doesn't cover us any better than they do. I mean we are just down the road from these guys! You go to the site or look at the paper and UGAy is on the front page! For doing what?
I know it's been this way a long time but we still need a local paper to cover our teams!
I'm so fed up with the AJC.:rant:

I just don't understand why the AJC, doesn't cover us any better than they do. I mean we are just down the road from these guys! You go to the site or look at the paper and UGAy is on the front page! For doing what?
I know it's been this way a long time but we still need a local paper to cover our teams!
I'm so fed up with the AJC.:rant:

Because we're not a top program yet. We're not even ranked now. During the offseason and the first couple games they were loving on us. It's all a matter of winning. Just go back to the AJC when U[sic]GA lost to Vandy on homecoming and the AJC was absolutely lampooning them. But the bottom line is they generally just win, and we haven't done that.

Because we're not a top program yet. We're not even ranked now. During the offseason and the first couple games they were loving on us. It's all a matter of winning. Just go back to the AJC when U[sic]GA lost to Vandy on homecoming and the AJC was absolutely lampooning them. But the bottom line is they generally just win, and we haven't done that.

Yeah I hear you and agree we aren't. However, I have travelled a good bit during FB season and even Vandy is in the Nashville paper more than we are in our own City.
Remember they still got a lot of press in losing to Vandy, we don't get that much in winning!

Yeah I hear you and agree we aren't. However, I have travelled a good bit during FB season and even Vandy is in the Nashville paper more than we are in our own City.
Remember they still got a lot of press in losing to Vandy, we don't get that much in winning!

Vandy is the only college program in town and Knoxville is a long way from Nashville compared to the distance between Atlanta and Athens.

Keep in mind that being in the press is a double edged sword. UGA gets slammed when they screw up and it seems to me that the media LOOK for things and scrutinize programs like UGA more so than GT. So there are times when the bad gets dredged up more at a place like UGA than at GT because they are in the limelight more than we are. Just something to consider.

Keep in mind that being in the press is a double edged sword. UGA gets slammed when they screw up and it seems to me that the media LOOK for things and scrutinize programs like UGA more so than GT. So there are times when the bad gets dredged up more at a place like UGA than at GT because they are in the limelight more than we are. Just something to consider.

Law #6: Court Attention at All Costs(LINK)

The only thing worse than them talking bad about you is them not talking about you at all.

The AJC print edition is even worse. They have a half-page article about how UGagamaggot tailgaters are learning how to pick up their own garbage.

UGAy almost never gets slammed by the AUC. If we were #1 we wouldn't be covered worth a piss by them. They aren't interested in covering the news just their agenda.

And they will not be around much longer...

UGAy almost never gets slammed by the AUC. If we were #1 we wouldn't be covered worth a piss by them. They aren't interested in covering the news just their agenda.

U[sic]GA is almost never out of the top 15...there's not exactly much to slam about. Besides their loss to us last year, which did bring up a couple of "Is Richt the guy?" articles.

The story on the UGa fullback is there because it's holding the place of a UGa game story. Since UGa was likely running long and wasn't going to be through before the pages had to hit the press, you go with a story you've already got in the can to fill the space.
If Georgia's game had finished by deadline (Saturday night deadlines for newspapers are always a little accelerated so the folks in the pressroom and the inserters can get all the wonderful circulars everybody throws away into the paper. Really.), you would have seen a short Georgia game story with maybe a picture and the story on the fullback kicked inside.
Tech had the main art and the main feature on the front of sports. Not Tiger at The Tour Championship. Not the Braves. But Tech.
And there was a lot of Tech stuff on the inside pages — as opposed to bupkis for the Bulldogs.
I don't work at the AJC, but I know enough about how all that transpires to peel the curtain back a little.

To be fair to the AJC, this is print media in general.

Yes, but the AJC is worse than the normal stats. Many papers, in smaller markets, have much larger circulation. Often those papers have competition.

The AJC is in one of the nation's largest markets.

It has no competition.

And it is shrinking faster than the average paper.

Why? It is a fishwrapper and nothing more.

Vandy is the only college program in town and Knoxville is a long way from Nashville compared to the distance between Atlanta and Athens.

People in Nashville care more about the Vols than Vandy. The funny thing is Vandy is so bad generally most Vols fans including myself are also closet Vandy fans.

People in Nashville care more about the Vols than Vandy. The funny thing is Vandy is so bad generally most Vols fans including myself are also closet Vandy fans.

That is so true, those Black shirts turn to Orange when the Vols come to town.
I bet GSU gets more press than us next year!

But I guess I'm being negative and no need to be negative, this board is for praise only as stated in another post! So I'm happy to be a Jacket, the weather is great and all is well!

I generally disregard Tech fan/alumni comments about the AJC being bad as just Tech fans/alumni with too much time on their hands. However, I witnessed the AJC "bias" first hand on Friday while looking through the sports section of the print edition. You'd think the day before one of the state's biggest football programs is playing a top 25 conference opponent, there'd be at least some mention of the game. Nope! Not a single printed word anywhere to be found!

And it will have absolutely nothing to do with alienating the < 30k GT alumni who live in the metro Atlanta area.

Back