Andrew Garnder

Wrekker

Varsity Lurker
Andrew Gardner was named to the freshman first team All-American team. Not bad for a 2 star recruit. Our OL should be much improved next year and a force for years to come. Congrats Andrew! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blue.gif

he was a 3 * by at least one of the big recruiting groups. And he's a lineman so thats about as good as they get in the star rankings.

That said, big congrats to Mr. Gardner, I know his older brother well, and met Andrew when he was still a senior in HS, I knew he was going to make some big things happen at Tech. Good kid. He's going to be playing on Sunday, and wouldn't it be cool if him and CJ end up on the same team in the pros someday.

He was actually not ranked at all until we offered two weeks before signing day...and Wake then followed.

He was an NR...and not even in one dbase. I am not even sure he ended up a 3...maybe a 1 or 2.

sure about that? I'll take your word, I don't follow recruiting, but someone told me he ended up a 3 * and they tend to know their stuff, but I'll concede, you seem to know your stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
sure about that? I'll take your word, I don't follow recruiting, but someone told me he ended up a 3 * and they tend to know their stuff, but I'll concede, you seem to know your stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just double-checked...he was a 2-star by both Rivals and Scout. He visited GT and WF in December...we did not come up with our offer until mid-Jan. and he accepted quickly.

He also had offers from Duke, Furman, and Navy.

good stuff then. I can understand why he wasn't recruited that heavily though. He was on the smallish size, and still kind of is. Had more of a TE build when I first me him, but he's good at what he does, thats for sure, and he's gotten a lot bigger.

[ QUOTE ]
he's gotten a lot bigger.

[/ QUOTE ]
& I'm sure they're going to try to continue that trend.

definitely, our S&C coach is a shining spot on the staff. He does it well, and he does it right.

I asked Gailey in \'04 who would be starting

at one of the tackle spots in '05 and he said Garnder without hesitation.

This was during one of the breaks during his call in show when they did it at the GT Hotel and CC.

This kid came in light because he was a pretty big time BB player and had dropped weight after his SR year of FB.

He'll be a 300+ when he leaves GT and YES, he'll play on Sundays...

Re: I asked Gailey in \'04 who would be starting

[ QUOTE ]

He'll be a 300+ when he leaves GT and YES, he'll play on Sundays...

[/ QUOTE ]
I think we may only going to get 2 more yrs out of him if he keeps playing so well.

Could happen, but doubtful, O Line guys arent really known for leaving early for the pros, but ya never know. Wish him all the best either way.

Very nice to have a

breakout guy like this.Our line was not good but it could have been SO much worse if not for him.Good job,Andrew et al

Actually, I think it would be next year, because he only needs to be three years removed from high school (He's a redshirt soph. next year). Highly doubt he'll leave early though.

Back