Andy Hall just got drafted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ham4heisman

Varsity Lurker
by the Eagles with the 185th pick in the 6th round. FYI, if you dont remember "Andrew Hall" (what he was called as he was drafted), he was a backup at GT a few years ago and won a national championsip for the Delaware Blue Hens this year.

Congrats to andy

It is surprising

It is surprising because Andy Hall looked completely lost as QB at Tech. I remember he could really scramble, but he just did not seem Div 1A caliber. But then he goes to Delaware, and he is like a giant among men (in terms of talent). Weird wild stuff.

Re: It is surprising

They forced him to pass.

He ran an offense where the QB ran a lot, but at GT he refused to ever pass. He always wanted to tuck it and run.

At practice it was evident and in the Seattle Bowl he REFUSED to hit a single dump man. If his primary wasn't there, he was tucking and running.

I hope the best for him. Sounds like he got himself in a situation where his talent met coaching that was not only good, but persuasive enough to get him to tweak his game a bit.

Too bad Chan picked AJ to start and ran off Andy Hall. Think how many games we would have won if Chan only knew how to judge talent. Chan chose AJ over a player with pro caliber talent like Andy Hall. I told you all many times that Chan couldn't judge talent, you just had to learn the hard way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/owned.gif

7th round is hardly Pro Caliber talent. 7th round means a coach is willing to take a chance on you.

Anything after the 3rd means about exactly doo-doo vs. the walk ons in rates of success.

You waited all this time for one little tiny, "I told you so," didn't you? I know it's been hard with GT recruiting so many good players and winning more than 2 games this year.

I wish the best for Andy and I'm glad for his opportunity, but this is not an, "I told you so," yet (and by the way, Did You tell us about Andy, or is this just another fortuitous time to take a shot at any head coach not named O'Leary?). He has some talent, maybe enough to stay in the NFL, but until he does stay, I would suggest harnessing the heckling.

And who exactly, "ran off Andy Hall?" I remember a Coach who was disapointed that Andy wouldn't stay and see if he could change his fortune throughout an entire season of possible injuries and talent evaluation.

Andy heard the news he didn't want to hear and he quit a week after. Maybe he, himself, after watching AJ and Bilbo, felt he wouldn't win the competition. Maybe he thought he was better, but wouldn't change Gailey's mind.

Either way, he gave the opportunity zero chance to work itself out. I bet Al Pena feels like CG is a little better coach than he thought last year also.

AJ would have done pretty well at Delaware also. I promise. Andy may have done better, but you can't argue AJ didn't face MUCH more complicated and talented ACC & SEC defenses. Andy didn't even face lower tier D-1 defenses on a regular basis.

AJ led us to big wins over NC State and UVA. Andy was picked behind Bilbo and Suggs. Every time we had the opportunity to see what the back up could do under Chan we had poorer production from each, proving Chan was accurate in his assessments.

Bilbo at Fresno, AJ at UGA after Reggie went out. God love all these kids. I do. But Chan has hardly been proved a poor evaluator of talent when we have been handed our wishes for alterior personnel.

Like I say. I hope the best for Andy and he might do very well, but to say you can compare what AJ and Andy have been though is apples and oranges.

Please take your venom somewhere else.

The previous staff did not see his talent either. Chan is an excellent judge of talent and an excellant coach. Why don't you just go back into hiding. I was so hopeful we would never hear any more of your insane trash.

Chan ran off a QB who is obviously better than what we have. Chan can't judge talent. If you don't want to be a man and admit it that is your problem. You can be like Loretta Lynn and stand by your man.

Be a man? That's what every angry woman always says when she has no actual facts to debate.

You're stupid.

Congrats to Hall for being drafted. Ms. Tech your attack is off topic and unwarranted in this thread. A simple congratulations without derogatory comments should be in order.

MTA. Wow didn't think she'd be back. Congrats to Andy.

[ QUOTE ]
At practice it was evident and in the Seattle Bowl he REFUSED to hit a single dump man. If his primary wasn't there, he was tucking and running.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like our current quarterback last year. It was either primary (usually Freddie) or nothin.

[ QUOTE ]
Chan ran off a QB who is obviously better than what we have. Chan can't judge talent. If you don't want to be a man and admit it that is your problem. You can be like Loretta Lynn and stand by your man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back in your hole! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/puke.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/behead.gif

i wish andy well but he did all this against such giants as new hampshire, maine and west chester and not against georgia, clemson and maryland.

Wow MsTA, you say Chan can't judge talent based just on a team taking a 7th rd. chance on A. Hall. I guess that means that you'd have started him over AJ and Bilbo then, huh? Maybe you should coach, since you know more than these ex-NFL coaches anyway. You're a psycho...now please go back to wherever you've been! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/puke.gifMsTA

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbdn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbdn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbdn.gif

FHstinger
deutschland.gif

MsTechAnalysis,

I'm no Country Music Historian, in fact I don't even like Country Music, but I know that Loretta didn't sing that song, Tammie Wynette did, next time double check before you use a reference.

I have no doubt Chan will make you eat those words
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biglaugha.gif

It won't do any good to try to talk any sense into her. Since day 1, she hasn't liked Chan and if we won 5 MNC in a row, she still wouldn't have ANYTHING good to say about him. And, that is a FACT!

No improvement with time it seems for MsTA. The bottom line is Andy quit. He gave up on himself and his team and didn't have the confidence to perservere. That's his choice and I'm sure he's comfortable with it. But him getting drafted doesn't prove anything.

Andy was a good athlete and I personally was hoping to see him get a shot at Tech. But he had a definite tendancy to run at all costs (I also can't ever remember him pitching on an option while at Tech either, he always kept the ball). He did seem to have a decent arm, I especially remember his TD against Navy as a nice touch pass.

But when he was faced with some competition in the first year he really had a shot at the job, he cut and ran after not hearing what he wanted off the bat. Playing at Delaware doesn't prove anything. I wish him well, but when he quit on the Jackets I quit worrying about him.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have no evidence that Chan "ran off" Andy Hall, perhaps it'd be best to be a woman and stay in the kitchen making cookies. Well, I guess piss 'n' vinegar cookies wouldn't be all that tasty, but you gotta use what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back