Another example of how GOOD coaching will

1gtfan

Flats Noob
win in college football.

Neuheisel and UCLA put it to UT last night....Fantastic ballgame last night and nice to see another sec team get beat. I pull for UT in sec play but, root against any sec team in OOC games.

Clemson, Miami, UVA, Maryland and some others need to wake up and take notice...Until some of the ACC teams get better coaches, the ACC will not be up there with the other conferences. U.C.L.A. had outstanding coaching last night with a lesser talented squad than UT.

To be fair, Randy Shannon really hasn't gotten a chance yet, so I wouldn't lump him into the Tommy Bowden/Al Groh category at this time. And I think the Fridge is a good coach, personally. Although you may want to throw Free Shoes U into the list there soon, when we see how St. Bobby is going to do this season.

Shannon hired Nix and has stuck with him, that looks bad for him. He had a terrible year last year and with that talent, no way not to at the very least get to a bowl.

Jimbo Fisher once they turn it over to him, may get FSU back to where they belong. He is a Nick Saban disciple and is highly thought of. I'm willing to guess he gets FSU back.

The ACC needs more coaches like P.J., Butch Davis, Beamer, Grobe....

We could have had Neuhisal and Chow, both are winners. But we have a winner of our own, it's just going to be a bit more painful with the system/personnel change.

We could have had Neuhisal and Chow, both are winners. But we have a winner of our own, it's just going to be a bit more painful with the system/personnel change.

A lot of people just don't know how close that was to happening...It would have been a good hire. But, I will take P.J. for the long haul though... great fit here..

I"m really proud that our program attracted such great coaches...GT is a sleeping giant about to explode on the National scene. I.M.O. I think there are many head coaches that would love to coach here. Drad got this hire right though and we are in for some championships here very soon.

I think if UCLA plays at Tennessee they lose by at least a touchdown.

i know we could have had RN, but i bet Chow would have stayed on the left coast. he doesnt seem to move east...

Slick Rick had too many skeletons in his closet. I wouldn't have minded him, but I wouldn't fully embrace him either. I'd always wait for the other shoe to drop.

I'd say Coach Johnson is the best choice, if for nothing else other then the wonderful quotes he will be providing.

i know we could have had RN, but i bet Chow would have stayed on the left coast. he doesnt seem to move east...

He coached with the Titans and NCSU. You are stupid.

Last edited:
He coached with the Titans and NCSU. You are stupid.

Kyle, can we make a deal? you dont reply to any of my posts and i wont come shove your head so far up your ass so you can eat your breakfast again.

or, just stop insulting people with your keyboard and do something constructive

Kyle, can we make a deal? you dont reply to any of my posts and i wont come shove your head so far up your ass so you can eat your breakfast again.

or, just stop insulting people with your keyboard and do something constructive

Try to kick my ass. Just try.

BYU -> NC State = East
NC State -> USC = West
USC -> Tennessee Titans = East
Titans -> UCLA = West

Seems to me he has no problems moving in either direction.

That said, I'm not sure we could have gotten him at Tech, nor how long he would stick around here. The world may never know, and anyway I'm happy with our current coaching staff.

RN was a great choice for UCLA - former QB, west coast guy. He is their best shot at gaining ground on cross-town rivals.

He would have been a dismal choice for GT - no understanding of Southern football culture, no way to understand the unique academic challenges GT presents.

I like him and like UCLA. I wish him the best. But, we did the right thing by passing on him.

Back