Another great quote from John Bond on offense

hiveredtech

Dodd-Like
actually it is probably more of a paraphrase.

Hopefully Rivals will not get upset with this...but this quote was in the interview they posted with QB prospect Justin Tuggle...the link is below.

http://georgiatech.rivals.com/

John Bond recently took over as Georgia Tech's offensive coordinator. He had held the same position at Northern Illinois. "I liked what he was saying," Tuggle said. "He said they want to put points on the board. No longer do they want to beat teams by a couple points. They want to beat teams and beat them bad. They want to put a lot of points on the board and not have every game come down so close. They want to air it out and put points on the scoreboard."

Of course, I really do not care if we win every game by 1 pt. in OT as long as we win....but still nice to hear.

Not sure if I could take 1pt OT wins everyweek, lol. Very refreshing to hear our OC say this. Finally we have an OC that appears to be just as aggressive at CJT. Not only that, but a track record of success. Man, can't wait.

It will be interesting to see if CG lets him "go wild" on offense.otoh-Of course this yr we may need a more points ,also.

I don't think we really need to go wild on offense to tell you the truth. It's more of mindset that we're going to do what works to move the ball. Nix often seemed to go wild when running the ball was working well and we'd stop ourselves for example.

AlaGold said:
It will be interesting to see if CG lets him "go wild" on offense.otoh-Of course this yr we may need a more points ,also.

Our defense should be better than last year...and could be a good year for JT to change jobs after. We have EIGHT returning starters...SEVEN of which are SENIORS.

That is huge. In 2008 we will be facing the replacement of 7 of the 11 starters.

Yeah, I really like our chances next year. I mean seriously, the only question is how do we replace Reggie Ball, and I can't think that's weighing too heavily on anyone's mind.

beej67 said:
Yeah, I really like our chances next year. I mean seriously, the only question is how do we replace Reggie Ball, and I can't think that's wIeighing too heavily on anyone's mind.
I think you are right.WE have at least one guy that can replace RB.If not then we are in trouble.Big Trouble.

Seriously?

beej67 said:
Yeah, I really like our chances next year. I mean seriously, the only question is how do we replace Reggie Ball, and I can't think that's weighing too heavily on anyone's mind.

I assume you are joshing us, ever hear of a once-in-a-lifetime WR named Calvin?

I assume you are joshing us, ever hear of a once-in-a-lifetime WR named Calvin?

Ever heard of a once-in-a-lifetime QB named Ball? They neutralized each other's efforts. Losing them both is a wash.

Back