Another GSU video... GSU vs. Furman 1985 Champ Game

This was Paul Johnson's first year as OC I believe. Dang, that Tracy Ham was a beast throwing for 400 yds in that title game... wow!:bowdown:

Yellow Fever, you say that PJ's teams have historically been 2nd half teams? I've noticed it with GT and wondered if that's been true with his past teams. That certainly seemed to be the case in the linked video. Much more success on offense in the 2nd half.

Yeah, from what I remember from him and Sewak the slight adjustments made by the coaches and the fact that the look on most of the D-Line's and CB's faces was "please not again" because they were getting laid out unlike just about any other team they play where the O-Line just stands up and the WR's never blindside the CB's. It was a combination of things but the end result is usually true, his teams were 1/2 half teams.

Also at GSU, we were usually up by so much in the 2nd half that the starters would all be on the bench mid way through the 3rd quarters.

This was an awesome game and many people remember what a great game Tracy had, but not too many talk about how special a QB B. Lamb was for Furman. He led them in a tie against Tech in 1986. I played center on the same high school team with Bobby. His dad, Ray Lamb was our Head Coach. Bobby was not the most gifted athlete in comparison to today's players, but he was smart, a great leader and a winner. Thanks for the link.

This was an awesome game and many people remember what a great game Tracy had, but not too many talk about how special a QB B. Lamb was for Furman. He led them in a tie against Tech in 1986. I played center on the same high school team with Bobby. His dad, Ray Lamb was our Head Coach. Bobby was not the most gifted athlete in comparison to today's players, but he was smart, a great leader and a winner. Thanks for the link.

He is the enemy and that's all that matters.

Back