Another lackluster, unmotivated, gt football game

56Jacket

Flats Noob
It only goes on to prove the obvious:
When it comes to GT football I'll quote Forrest Gump ," Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get." This is true everytime we take the field. We lose games we shouldnt lose and win a couple we might not be favored in.

THis was a flat-out lackluster performance, the worst since 51-7 in athens. The athens team was the much better team though, Utah is not Georgia!!!
THe coach's job is to get the players ready to play and we were not ready to play today.
I am disappointed in GT football period. This is another 7 win season, and I got news for you, 7 wins is MEDIOCRE. period.
We have had 7 wins in 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005. I am not happy with 7 wins every year. Are any of you. I understand we wont 10 every year but we could 8 or 9 most years..... Maybe I expect to much?

Success is not measured by effort, it is measued by wins and losses. Which way is this program heading???

THat was just piss poor period. WHat a joke and disgrace!

This is the CG way. It is what it is. He is not capable, or allowed, to recruit players whose talent in and of itself will overcome CGs stubborness. We will have 1/2 good wins and 3/4 bad losses every year.

It has been that way for 4 years, and there is ZERO that would indicate anything would be different going forward.

It may get worse thanks to probation. That will give the gladhands more reasons to support the mediocrity.

Re: Another lackluster, unmotivated, gt football g

there are people actually blaming this loss on the cleats we used

If they blame the cleats then i blame the equipment manager and coaches for not putting on the long ones instead. Hello! they make them use the damn things.

it definitely looked to me that we had on short cleats... and if you don't think it makes a difference try it yourself. Another example of poor preparation if that is the case.

What does the hill have to

do with preparing the players we do have to go out and play hard, show courage and determination, and not quit? I am not concerned about the players that we don't have, or the reason we don't have them. What I am concerned about is what we do, or don't do, on the football field with the players we do have. And that is not the responsibility of the Hill. That is the responsibility of the hc.

I think they were the short ones too.
If so, just another indication of half ass preparation throughout the program. Organization and preparation or lack of sets the tone.
If this was just forgetting the mud cleats, the equipment manager should be fired. He has one area of concern and he failed. Stupid or lazy.

I miss the near fanatical organization we had under the last coach.

What kills me,and has since we hired this nut is that this was his M.O.,BEFORE HE EVER GOT OUR JOB!He's a career coordinator,and tries to take claim for Elway in Denver,and Aikman in Dallas,and Stewart in Pittsburgh[where's he now,by the way?].Nothing in this guy's resume,ever showed that he could coach at the D-1 level,and we pounced on him like a rat on a Cheeto.Why has it taken 4 years from our fan base to realize this?

[ QUOTE ]
Why has it taken 4 years from our fan base to realize this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose everyone has their own reasons. For me, I was neutral, to antiChan (51-7 I), to "Give him some time", to my final solution which is he has to go now!

My final judgement concerns:
1) Inconsistency
2) Stubborness on RB and not giving up the offense
But the smoking gun is
3) Lack of organization
4) Laziness
5) Doesn't earn player respect
6) His teams have quit on him at least twice in 4 years. Maybe that's so because the team feels he has quit on them.

I have never felt this way about Tech football in 30 years, other than for 1994 with Bill Lewis. The difference then is that I knew Homer Rice would do the right thing quickly. He did.

Back