another loss, are we ever going .........

law_bee

Dodd-Like
to win a conference game. I see good play then I see horrible play.

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
The team is not playing smart at present. When you get a fair lead, you do not allow a team to shoot threes, you make them shoot for the two pointers.

I know we are small inside, but you cannot allow a team to shoot threes and try to trade with them. If they attempt to go inside, you have a good chance of taking the ball away.

Once a shooter makes a three it sets them on fire. Threes are from the confidence factor more than any other shot. Okay, so we are small inside, so what. Let them try to go inside and get the easy twos.

If we stay man to man, we can press them outside and, at least, cut off their threes. We have the tall guards to do this. I would play full pressure all the time, keep the subs coming in, play man to man, and cut off all threes.

Yes, with the loss of our two biggest men, it is very tough, but we still have to play smarter. It does not bother me that we are having a losing season, because we have so much youth and lost two big men, but it does bother me when we do not play smart.

jimbobGT

Varsity Lurker
I don't think we played particularly well in the first half. It only seemed that way because NCSU couldn't hit their 3s in the first half. They shot plenty of wide open 3s and they didn't fall. Same thing in the second half but they started falling for them. Again, defensive rotation is a problem.

Again, Nelson and Elder playing their butts off. Elder got on that streak during the first half but cooled off because we quit going to him. NCSU kept going inside because Nelson couldn't stop Powell and their 3s weren't falling. Whats up with Brooks missing that dunk? He has missed a few this season I believe. What happened to Lane?I liked the fast break points we got. I loved seeing those long passes.

When we got unglued in the second half, we did it slowly. Previously, once things wouldn't go our way, we would just fall apart. Even after NCSU got the lead, we were in the game for a good bit longer. The players are definitely making improvements. I know this season is painful to watch, but I expect big things next year.

You have to admit that the freshmen are impressive. They are providing big-time production. This will only increase next year and we have another stellar group of incoming freshment.

Just hold on folks!

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Actually. I'm glad Brooks missed the dunk. If you'll remember, Akins recovered the ball after the dunk, kicked it out to Clarence Moore and he drained a 3 pointer.
Virginia on Tuesday has become a must win.If we win we can get to 1-5 in the ACC. With games coming up after UVA against Wake, Florida State, Clemson, and North Carolina we could possibly 4-6 or 5-5 when Duke comes calling.
It's frustrating to see our guys not play up to their full potential when I know they are better. We beat #13 Syracuse back in December and then we lose to IUPUI. one word: INCONSISTENT

yellowjacket

Varsity Lurker
It is possible that we go 0-16...i do think we can win 2 or 3 acc games but not any more. Just cannot see a road win so we gotta upset someone at home. UNC looks like the weakest team we have left to play in the league. FSU and NCSU can be beaten in Atl and possibly UVa. That's four chances.