Another Note on VTs Defense

TheTaxJacket

Dodd-Like
The only reason their defense is getting all the "accolades" they is because of "what they did to Bama". However, I would like to point out that Bama is starting one of the youngest Olines in the SEC or ACC. They were starting three guys that had not ever played in meaningful time. See Colorado State this past weekend. They limited the Bama O to something like 31 points.

GT will have one of the most experienced lines that VT will go up against this year and I think it's an important distinction.

I watched VT against Bama and the end of the Marshall game. VT's defense looked solid; but not as dominating as some of Foster's defenses in past years. I expect them to give our offense the best test they've had so far and if Vad is still having trouble making reads we could see a first half very similar to what we saw against UNC. Hopefully our defense will keep us in the game, we can keep their offense off the field, and wear down the defense.

I don't think this is the best defense we'll see all season; but I don't think our offense is running on all cylinders yet either.

Georgia Southern scored more on Alabama than VPI...and somehow managed to lose to Wofford in their last game.

No doubt that VT has a good defense. But I hear words being thrown around like "the best defense in a decade", "best defense Foster has ever had" ect. and I am not sure that's warranted. Especially after last year. They weren't that good.

Back