Another riveting article on FSU and St. Bobby

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4327253

ESPN once again does a marvelous job getting some very hard hitting quotes, as well as Mark Schlabach totally missing the point.

Apparently, ole Bobby would really like to be the all time winningest coach and get his wins back. Big surprise. Although the award for best reason ever goes to Tater Tot:

"I think it's important to everybody who played for Joe Paterno or Bobby Bowden," Terry Bowden said. "They can tell their kids they played for the all-time winningest coach in college football history. I want to bounce my grandkids on my knee and tell them about Bobby Bowden as the all-time winningest coach and not Joe Paterno."

Of course, near the end of the article, Schlabach manages to produce the standard ESPN level of dumbness and compares the penalties we got in response to clerical error-gate to FSU's current cheating scandal. He, of course, fails to mention that no students did anything wrong, nor did anyone on the actual football team, and he also fails to mention that we were hit with about four times the number of lost scholarships.

As an addendum, Choklahoma lost six total scholarships for their violations, which to me are on the same level as FSU. Two were lost when they kicked a pair of kids from the team and didn't reallocate the scholarships, as well as losing two for the next two seasons. This is still compared to FSU, who gave up a grand total of 3.

Of course, near the end of the article, Schlabach manages to produce the standard ESPN level of dumbness and compares the penalties we got in response to clerical error-gate to FSU's current cheating scandal. He, of course, fails to mention that no students did anything wrong, nor did anyone on the actual football team, and he also fails to mention that we were hit with about four times the number of lost scholarships.

If only there was some way for you to bring these criticisms to not only Mark Schlabach's attention but also to the attention of other readers of this article... If only...

If only there was some way for you to bring these criticisms to not only Mark Schlabach's attention but also to the attention of other readers of this article... If only...

Isn't Schlabach a mutt? Former AUC "writer"? And you think he will listen to a Tech fan about facts? He is certainly no reporter. I wouldn't waste my keystrokes.

Isn't Schlabach a mutt? Former AUC "writer"? And you think he will listen to a Tech fan about facts? He is certainly no reporter. I wouldn't waste my keystrokes.

I think Schlabach was the one who, in his preseason top 25, said Nesbitt had missed most of the spring with a wrist injury.

Bull****.

There's a really good solution here for the NCAA to handle this. Tell Bowden that either the football team suffers the vacated wins, or the other teams including their national championship track and field team suffers the vacated wins. Then let Bowden decide which one suffers. Put it directly on him. Lets see exactly how good of a guy ole Bobby Bowden is.

I would absolutely LOVE to see this. Love it.

Back