Another take on expansion, the new ACC TV contract, and WVU

Sounds bitter, and kind of conflicted. He seems to want to criticize the ACC, but he seems to want to be part of it, too. Kind of like GA Tech fans and the SEC.

Are all W-effin-VU fans and writers this bat**** insane and delusional? The guy's an idiot, and I'm not sure what his point really is.

Am I the only one that feels that adding WVU to the ACC would dumb down our conference a lot? Or maybe I'm just biased, for I really can't stand hillbillies.

Am I the only one that feels that adding WVU to the ACC would dumb down our conference a lot? Or maybe I'm just biased, for I really can't stand hillbillies.

No, you are not alone. They'd make redneck Clempsen fans (don't get me wrong, I don't think all or even most Clempsen fans are rednecks) seem classy.

Looking at the timeline of the ACC the past 5-6 years and especially the past 0-3, I am really excited for whats in its future.

Look at it this way: Personal opinions aside, we've got Beamer and Foster tearin' it up in VA year after year. We've got Butch Davis in his third season and UNC is on the up-and-up, PJ has taken GT from 0 to 60 and we just picked up a whole new defense. We've got big expectations coming out of FSU, and Miami is playing well with room for improvement. Now we've got a brand spanking new television contract with more coverage than before which just wraps in more recruits. Things are on the rise for the ACC in this world and the Big East can hate on us all they want. Now that's just football, and I'm not a big basketball guy, so someone else can handle that one for me.

I would like it, but thats only because I married a WVU alum, and would like to play them more often for that reason.

I would like it, but thats only because I married a WVU alum, and would like to play them more often for that reason.

I would like it too--they would fit well from a RIVALRY standpoint (ie VT, Maryland, etc) and have strong FB and men's hoops. And all though WVU may not 'be all that' academically, their notorious fan base would give us some good material to make fun of (this doesn't include your spouse, of course :D ), sort of like the Miami fans for a different reason (ie hillbillies in contrast with gangbangers).

Poster's Note: Should the ACC try to stand pat with the 12 we have, and not have to split the new TV funds any further?

Why does everyone think the contract money is fixed if the B10, SEC, ACC add teams or change teams?

I'm not a lawyer, but I would imagine that all the various (B10, SEC, ACC) television contracts have clauses that allow them to renegotiate the deal if conference membership changes. There is virtually no way they are locked into the deal for 12 SEC or ACC teams without the ability to renegotiate if things change in the future.

Now we've got a brand spanking new television contract with more coverage than before which just wraps in more recruits.

The thing is we don't know the details of the contract yet. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but there is still the possibility that the contract will mostly expand the ACC basketball coverage, with not as much for football. Likely? No, but don't count your chickens when said chickens are owned by Swofford.

The thing is we don't know the details of the contract yet. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but there is still the possibility that the contract will mostly expand the ACC basketball coverage, with not as much for football. Likely? No, but don't count your chickens when said chickens are owned by Swofford.
The whole expansion talk is about money and the contract directly addresses money, that's why it's important.

There are very few ACC basketball games that aren't televised now...very little potential for expanding coverage there.

Back