Another thing for Stinger's "things you like to see" list

Yaller Jacket

Varsity Lurker
The option doesn't lose its effectiveness near the goal line. We almost always cash it in for 7. Hardly ever have to settle for three.

Often this is because we go for it on 4th down. I think it is interesting how often we get 7 instead of 3. I'm not sure if there is a statistic that indicates our 4th down attempt and conversion rate inside the 35 yard line, which is the zone many teams attempt the field goal.

The option doesn't lose its effectiveness near the goal line. We almost always cash it in for 7. Hardly ever have to settle for three.

Aren't we worst in the ACC in red zone offense? I'm pretty sure we are although we've had around 10 more visits to the red zone than the next closest.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&rpt=IA_teamredzone&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

Quite a few teams in ACC are worse in Red-Zone efficiency but we are very low.

What is interesting: Houston is the only team to reach the red-zone more than us and they are also the only team to score more points than us from the red-zone.

This proves one thing: red-zone efficiency does not matter to a certain degree.

Edit: And look at UGAg. Number 8 in efficiency. Doesn't matter though if you never get there.

Central Michigan also has more red zone points than us.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&rpt=IA_teamredzone&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

Quite a few teams in ACC are worse in Red-Zone efficiency but we are very low.

What is interesting: Houston is the only team to reach the red-zone more than us and they are also the only team to score more points than us from the red-zone.

This proves one thing: red-zone efficiency does not matter to a certain degree.

Edit: And look at UGAg. Number 8 in efficiency. Doesn't matter though if you never get there.

If you get there often (which we do) and get big plays from outside the redzone (which we do) then it's not a huge deal.

Just doing it in my head, I believe we have 28 offensive tds and 2 fg attempts in the last five games.

I think our redzone efficiency woes stem from fumbling so much inside it. But hey, our scores on all our other trips there more than compensates.

I think our redzone efficiency woes stem from fumbling so much inside it. But hey, our scores on all our other trips there more than compensates.
That's what I was thinking fumbles. That and Scott Blair.... needs to get his **** mind rite.

That's what I was thinking fumbles. That and Scott Blair.... needs to get his **** mind rite.

Who's Scott Blair? The guy who used to kick Field Goals for us? Haven't seen too much of him this year.

I think my most memorable moment of him was during the Spring Game when Paul Johnson swatted the ball out of his hands as he was about to punt.

Who's Scott Blair? The guy who used to kick Field Goals for us? Haven't seen too much of him this year.

I think my most memorable moment of him was during the Spring Game when Paul Johnson swatted the ball out of his hands as he was about to punt.

My most memorable moment was when he kicked a ball in the Vandy game and managed to get the ball back for us :D

We need to put Scott Blair on kickoff coverage. I think he'd do better.

Back