Another UGA player in the Dawg House

The V

Dodd-Like
The AJC (Tuesday) in a small article, reports that Odel Thurman a starting DB was arrested Saturday for illegal lane change, driving without a license, open container and driving a 2003 Caddy. My guess is he will miss 1 or 2 games, normal correction for not being an Adult in Athens/Clarke County. He must have taken lessons from the Coach arrested this Summer for driving with open bottle. Also, are Caddy's the car of choice in Athens? I always thought it was Pickemup trucks with gun racks and mud flaps.

God do I love this time before Football Season starts.

wow....you can actually get arrested now for driving a 2003 Caddy?
smile.gif

I will be anxious to see what his
holiness, the Rev. Ritch will do
about this situation.

My guess, probably a one game
supsension and the Rev. will
pick the game..........UAB.

reread the bottom of the article in the AJC and your question will be answered about suspensions. Not defending this player, but really the charges aren't severe. A lane change violation bc he didn't use a blinker? We've all done that. Driving w/o his license as he left it in the dorm? We've all driven without ours from time to time. He didn't get a DUI, but had open containers in the car. Guilty of that here. Playing music too loud? I'm sure I have done that, too.

Clemson is going to pound these guys...everyday another player gets hurt or out for this game. oh darn.

Is driving "unlicensed" mean you don't have your license with you or you don't have a license period? If the former, I agree with GeeTee; if the latter, well, it makes you think a little harder.

I read somewhere where he actually has a license...just didn't have it on him.

GeeTee, you didn't mention the most serious charge against him - under age drinking - the article also stated that there were 6 opened containers in the car.

The article also indicated that Thurmann had been "kicked off the team" prior, so clearly this wasn't Mssr. Thurmans first time in a situation judged untenable.

don't know enough about this player's history. So, you may be right. As for drinking underage...yep, I did that, too (as do most students). Now, a DUI is a different story, and this player did not get that. Unfortunately or fortunately, college athletes are held to a higher standard as students as far as being under the watchful eye.

The only thing this player did that would be a serious violation is whether he drove without having his license or if he just never had one.

Regardless, it isn't our problem-o...and he'll more than likely be back vs GT.

The real question is where did the
2003 Escalade come from. The NCAA
might have an interest in this.

Originally posted by GeeTee:
reread the bottom of the article in the AJC and your question will be answered about suspensions. Not defending this player, but really the charges aren't severe. A lane change violation bc he didn't use a blinker? We've all done that. Driving w/o his license as he left it in the dorm? We've all driven without ours from time to time. He didn't get a DUI, but had open containers in the car. Guilty of that here. Playing music too loud? I'm sure I have done that, too.

Clemson is going to pound these guys...everyday another player gets hurt or out for this game. oh darn.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think the larger issue isn't these singular recent events....its this kids whole past. He was kicked off the team previously and apparently isn't being careful enough to not put his name in bad publicity. I hope he doesn't end up becoming another Watson (from USC).

Originally posted by ccujacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif"> Thurman told Georgia officials he borrowed the car to pick up relatives from downtown.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
rolleyes.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I wonder if he borrowed the car from his agent?

Also, those dismissing underage drinking don't know the current law too well. You can be arrested for bodily possession of alcohol by a minor by just having it on your breath (don't have to have it in your possession) and statute allows for drivers license suspension in addition to the standard possibility of jail time. The judges in Atlanta love harrassing Tech students by taking away their drivers license for at least 30 days which is a HUGE inconvenience if you live off campus. They also are requiring mandatory DUI school.

Hey: Open to all barrages: fire on:

The guy is a bum....period, no excuses, explanations.

If this is the kind of player UGAG embraces, shoot, it just further proves our case.

Many of them are "second-class"/across the tracks citizens": why deny it??????

We play them or we do not. No excuse for who they are or what they do: it is negatively beyond the norm: UGA: Deal with it or deny it. Ipso facto, corpus delectic, modus operandi, etc. Take your choice. Why keep skipping around a damn bush that really does not exist?????/ You/We are what we are.

Bottom line: Folks let's (for the sake of God and all that is right) quit calling black:grey. For Tech and Georgia: Black and white are black and white: (N.Y. language: "Forget it") Hey, open the programs completely to "below norm" "All or nothing at all (guilt) or else, "short of murder" or else open the gates to all, from murderer to jaywalker"..same thing.....does not matter......shucks!!!!!

Can't wait for him to sit out his quarter of play vs. Northwestern State or Middle Tennessee. Discipline straight from the school of Vince.

Yep FW, I get so sick and tired of
hearing what a great disciplinarian
the Rev. is from the UGAG fans.

It will be very intersting to see
the punishment that is dished out
to this starting LB.

That kid has been trouble from day
one since UGAG signed him as a
"partial" qualifier.

A "partial qualifier"??????????

Give me a break!

Well someone above was correct, Coach Mark said in the Fishwrapper that last Saturday would be forgiven and the player in question will start.
It must be nice to be perfect.

rolleyes.gif

Back