Anthony Allen's blocking technique caught on film...

dressedcheeseside

Dodd-Like
Bullfighter.jpg

on the play where Roddy Jones was almost broken in two, 3 guys on the playside missed their blocks.

THREE

1. Allen: he had his freakin' head on the ball presnap like he didn't even know the snap count. By the time he got his head back around after the snap, his assignment (outside man of the 5 middle players on the D) was already in the backfield. Infact the guy who made the tackle tracked Jones when he started his motion and flew to the ball like he was in the f'n offensive huddle.

2. Thomas: Bebe was the slot reciever on the playside. He is a damn good blocker, but he whiffed his assignment worse than Allen. If Allen's man didn't almost kill Jones, Bebe's would have.

3. Sellers: Brad got knocked backward off the line by the DE and almost got to Jones before the tackler did. He surely would have if the tackler had missed.

This must have been one of the worse displays of blocking the entire game. If you don't believe me, watch it for yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c13smySoW4&feature=related

So many missed opportunities in that game. If AA would have made that block it may have been yard. Damn that pisses me off. GT could have won that game.

on the play where Roddy Jones was almost broken in two, 3 guys on the playside missed their blocks.

THREE

1. Allen: he had his freakin' head on the ball presnap like he didn't even know the snap count. By the time he got his head back around after the snap, his assignment (outside man of the 5 middle players on the D) was already in the backfield. Infact the guy who made the tackle tracked Jones when he started his motion and flew to the ball like he was in the f'n offensive huddle.

2. Thomas: Bebe was the slot reciever on the playside. He is a damn good blocker, but he whiffed his assignment worse than Allen. If Allen's man didn't almost kill Jones, Bebe's would have.

3. Sellers: Brad got knocked backward off the line by the DE and almost got to Jones before the tackler did. He surely would have if the tackler had missed.

This must have been one of the worse displays of blocking the entire game. If you don't believe me, watch it for yourselves.

Watching it in slow motion, if everyone makes their blocks, it is a big gain. God EXEFREAKINGCUTE.

Watching it in slow motion, if everyone makes their blocks, it is a big gain. God EXEFREAKINGCUTE.

Yep, this has been exactly what's been killing us this season. We can't block/execute to save our lives. We do it once, for a big game, but not for 60 minutes.

This actually happened all game, and it sort of gives me hope for the future. We can see on film that if and when we execute, we have great things happen. We just have to get to where we can execute.

This actually happened all game, and it sort of gives me hope for the future. We can see on film that if and when we execute, we have great things happen. We just have to get to where we can execute.

+1. I say again that play could have went yard had the blockers did their part. MIA didn't really do anything to take away the pitch, our guys just didn't execute. Could have been a much, much different ballgame. One or two blocks and we could have had a good one and maybe been ranked top 10 right now.

Oh well, gotta wait for someone to lose.

THREE

I personally also think Allen and Thomas might of mixed up who they were blocking. I just can't see how Allen could of gotten there in time to really hit him, or at least faster than Thomas from where they were positioned.

Why couldn't BeBe have blocked the guy who made the tackle and why couldn't AA have been responsible for the guy closest to himself?

Does PJ have to make things more complicated for the helluvit?

+1. I was screaming this at the TV all game. We do our job on offense and we at least hang with Miami. Now whether or not our defense could actually stop them, is another story all together.

THREE

You didn't mention that the DT pushed the LG backwards badly in the play as well. Not relevant to play but another example of getting your ass whipped.

+1. I say again that play could have went yard had the blockers did their part. MIA didn't really do anything to take away the pitch, our guys just didn't execute. Could have been a much, much different ballgame. One or two blocks and we could have had a good one and maybe been ranked top 10 right now.

Oh well, gotta wait for someone to lose.

Your very right... i feel Clemson played a much better game on D than Miami did. Minus about one play.

Back