Anthony Hargrove now in Philly

The Steelers will carry 4 RBs this year. i think they like Dwyer's short yardage burst (if he can get rid of another #15 AND also his blocking ability to take out an LB in a power dive situation

i think they keep him in the squad since he is relatively cheap with no chance to force a renegotiation. with Ben being asked to pass a bit more, and getting so many sacks last year, blocking in the backfield is a big thing they are looking at this year

how did Dwyer look.....

He looked OK at best. He played one play in the first half (I think) and got a first down on about a 6-8 yard run that he took outside.

Got alot of PT in the second half. A few good gains and a few runs ended up in negative yardage because of bad line blocking.

His blocking skills are going to keep him on the practice squad if he doesn't get cut. He is definitely their fourth back.

My 17 year old daughter mentioned how heavy he looked particularly while being helped up off the ground from his backside. Doing that sit-up type routine while being helped up really showed an ugly paunch that you don't see on well conditioned athletes. He still looked fat compared to the other three RB's ahead of him.

Back