Any new recruiting news?

ramblin_man

Jolly Good Fellow
Any movement (ideas) on when our remaing recruits will give us a verbal?
Burnett
Peters
M. Lewis (WR from CA)

Last edited:
I beleive it is a dead period until the end of the week. Burnett has supposedly already given a verbal to the coaches but held off a public announcement after word leaked and the CCG - Miami courtship became public. I don't know about Peters. Sources are saying our biggest competition is now Notre Dame as LSU has filled up on D-Lineman. Lewis visits on Jan. 19 so we probably won't know anything before then. It is still looking very positive with the existing group of verbals.

Even I am able to keep track when there is such a small number left to look at. Certainly the earliest I can remember having teh class close to complete.

Cycle-
Thanks for your insight.

Hoping this interviewing w/ Chan will wrap up quickly is a bit distracting.

For the 15th straight year after I finished high school, no D1 school has offered me a 'ship.

ramblin_man said:
Any movement (ideas) on when our remaing recruits will give us a verbal?
Burnett
Peters
M. Lewis (WR from CA)

we are recruiting Malachi for defense

thanks Hiveredtech, that's interesting. Wonder if they'll use him to return kick offs b/c of his speed?
Very insightful as always.

From what I gather from the Hive, most of our commits remain so regardless of what CG does.

ramblin_man said:
thanks Hiveredtech, that's interesting. Wonder if they'll use him to return kick offs b/c of his speed?
Very insightful as always.

From the couple of videos I have seen of Malachi...he does not have wiggle. He does well as a RB because of pure athleticism....just does not have natural RB form (he runs tall, pads are all over the place, etc.).

I am having a hard time getting past the fact that USC and UCLA have not offered him in their backyard....I just hope he has the physical toughness for defense...I have not seen any video of it.

In summation....he is obviously a great athlete with a great build. Our recruiting class is so strong you cannot make a mistake taking him as the 20th recruit (assuming Peters comes and Melton waits until 2008 that would be 20).

Back