Any POSITIVE news from GG chat??

JacketFanPCB

Damn Good Rat
Anybody take part in the Gregg Garrett chat earlier today?? Anything positive to report?? Recruiting, etc??

I'll hang up now and wait for your response
wink.gif

I was not there but my understanding was it was just a lot of venting over all the bad press. I dont think any news came out of it.

One comment from the chat a couple of days ago that I thought was interesting was that GG thought

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Pokey 14:06:05
Gregg, what do you hear re:BOB?

ggarrett 14:08:18
Pokey - my guess is he goes if he gets offered and 50/50 on offer. Its a tough situation - I see him leaving as a two game swing for this upcoming season.

<hr></blockquote>

50/50 whether billy stays. I still have a hard time believing that.

GG also said it still is looking good for McNeil OL

Thanks Lawbee. I think GG just posted on the Hive about recruiting info. Looks like some good news COULD be coming. We'll have to cross our fingers.

As far as Billy O goes, if he DOES get the job (which appears iffy at best), then I DOUBT we'll have a two game dropoff from his absence unless the ball just doesn't bounce our way. Chan Gailey will get someone in to keep the offense humming or he'll just do it himself. After all he's done it MANY times beefore!

cool.gif

I also don't agree with GG about BOB's leaving causing a 2 game swing. It's just an opinion, so take it for what it's worth. But it's too early to make a judgment on how the loss of BOB will affect our won/loss record.

Yeah, I don't see how losing and reshuffling our entire coaching staff plus starting QB isn't supposed to affect us that much, but losing the OC causes a 2 game swing. My opinion: we should win 8 next year if we play decent, 10 if we get great in a hurry, 11 if we're lucky as hell.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Culb:
Yeah, I don't see how losing and reshuffling our entire coaching staff plus starting QB isn't supposed to affect us that much, but losing the OC causes a 2 game swing. My opinion: we should win 8 next year if we play decent, 10 if we get great in a hurry, 11 if we're lucky as hell.<hr></blockquote>

Culb,

Agree with those numbers. GG really likes Billy. I think Billy is a good coach, but in the grand scheme there are many good coaches.

I just can't help but think that Chan and company (an EXPERIENCED, WINNING coaching staff) will have nothing but a positive impact on next season's players. I especially think that Chan will be a breath of fresh air and we SHOULD see some key fundamentals that were sorely lacking last year. Again, keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer!
smile.gif

Back