Any thoughts on new DC ?

JacketFanPCB

Damn Good Rat
Anybody have any possible/feasible candidates?? I know W.W. from Vandy wants too much. Seems like the only candidates to begin with were Smith and Edwards from the Cowboys. Any educated guesses??

ALSO, what OTHER coaches do we need to hire?? Will Billy O be QB's coach or will Nix do that now?? Seems Nix (a former QB himself) would be a good one here. I know he's coaching another position, but why not??

Thoughts?? I'll hang up and wait for your response.
wink.gif

Like to see us go hard for Carl T. I think he might not mind jumping ship considering the mess Bama is in right now. Maybe given the circumstances they might let CG sweeten the salary a little and give Edwards one last try.

Originally posted by Goldenbird:
Like to see us go hard for Carl T. I think he might not mind jumping ship considering the mess Bama is in right now. Maybe given the circumstances they might let CG sweeten the salary a little and give Edwards one last try.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">no I think everyone, Braine, included wanted to see a change at DC. If it was O'leary's fought for the bad defense it appears that Roof was going to take the blame. Had the D performed well Roof would have gottent he credit, so it is a two-way street.

Is there any credence to the talk that we could be inhibited by money in our search for our next defensive coordinator?? Some folks on the Hive say people like Carl Torbush and an assistant at FSU are out of the running since they'll probably cost too much. Your thoughts and suggestions for new DC??

Don't know about that, but if it's true then I think given the circumstances CG needs a tangible show of support from the admin. If that means coming up with a little more $ for a quality DC, then I think they should find a way.
I would be surprised if this is the case, however, because I was under the impression that our payroll for the coaching staff has been very competitve nationally.

Back