Any thoughts on Tenuda?

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
I don't know that much about him other than Bio...
He seems to jump around a lot - and the circumstances around his leaving UNC seem a little strange, although I gather from the Tar Pit that there may have been some personality clashes within their staff

Having said that, I believe this will be an upgrade for our defense

ramblinman

Varsity Lurker
I'm impressed. He seems to meet all the criteria we were looking for. He's played and coached in the ACC. He's been a DC at five different schools. He's produced numerous NFL defensive backs and top-notch pass defenses, inclucing the ACC's best in 2001.

I think the job-hopping label is something that could be applied to almost every college assistant coach (See Chan Gailey). He spent five years at Ohio State and only left because the head coach got fired.

He obviously has close ties to Dave Braine (his position coach at UVA) and it wouldn't suprise me if there are some internal issues in the Carolina FB program, which comblined w/his respect for Coach Gailey led to his move.

Did I say I was impressed? Add excited too.

Go Jackets!

jimbobGT

Varsity Lurker
I'll say outright, I'm ignorant about the guy...what does everyone think Braine/Gailey will have to do to keep him aorund?

law_bee

Dodd-Like
Originally posted by jimbobGT:
I'll say outright, I'm ignorant about the guy...what does everyone think Braine/Gailey will have to do to keep him aorund?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He stayed at OSU for 5 years and then left b/c Cooper got fired. With regards to NC I think there are other issues at play and trouble on their staff.

also someone was saying that Braine and this guy are good friends they go way back and there is some connection

kane

Varsity Lurker
If indeed he is the guy then I think it's a good hire. Ohio St put out a lot of good DBs when he was coaching there. Does any one have any idea what kind of defence he runs?

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
I don't know the first thing about him. Never even heard of him 'til yesterday. But I trust CG on this and the guy does seem to have quite a resume.

MacDaddy

Varsity Lurker
Please tell me GT has thoroughly checked his bio !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
Damn sure hope they checked his bio out. Geez. That's all we need. Another one of those controversies.

JacketFanPCB

Damn Good Rat
Like you all say, on paper he appears to be a GREAT hire. If you factor in the fact that Braine helped hire him, that alone should speak volumes. I think we'll be happy with our "D" in the future. MUCH happier than in the past few years. That's not to reflect badly on Ted Roof, but this guy could take us to the next level!

Big Buck

Flats Noob
I read one article that said every starting DB
at Ohio State during his 5 year stay was drafted
by the NFL.That tells me that he is doing something right. YES indeed I am excited about this hire. The defensive backfield has been our achilles heel for a while now. It seems that CG is putting together an excellent staff.

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
Big Buck,

You state that the DB's have been our achilles heel. I agree. But don't forget the defensive tackles. We need a coach who can develop some playmakers at that position.

FHstinger

Dodd-Like
I'm looking forward to a return to good Defense. We ain't had good D since 1990(and 1985 before that). Third and long has been a nightmare for too long.