Any UGA stories?

gtcu17

Dodd-Like
good, bad, funny, angering, whatever. let's hear it.

I have a pretty good one from the 2007 game, my first dealing with COFH. I was walking around BDS and I could hear the "what's the good word" chant in the distance. Right next to me this 4 or 5 year old kid on his dad's shoulders threw his fist in the air and shouted "To HELL with GEORGIA!"

A woman nearby, who was a Dawgs fan, snapped her head around and walked over to the man and said, "You aught to be a better parent than to let your child say such things."

The Dad just laughed and said, "Ma'am, quite honestly I don't see a damned thing wrong with it. My son lives for Georgia Tech football. I went here, my father went here, and my grandfather went here. Now I know that you don't have any association with UGA, and that's fine. But don't you dare tell me how to raise my child."

He backed away with his kid still on his shoulders but before he turned around he said, "Son, what do we say to the Georgia fan?"

The kid screamed without ANY hesitation, "PISS ON THEM DAWGS!"

From that day on, whenever I sing "...but if I had a son, sir, I tell you what he'd do", I always see that kid screaming "To HELL with GEORGIA!"

This little slice of gold appeared in my Facebook newsfeed during the ugag/USCe game:
Mutt Fan: dawgs beatin that ass, great first half
about an hour ago · Comment · Like

Mutt 'student': not kidding. a guy next door to where im watching the game fired a shotgun off. three times.
about an hour ago

I got pulled over by a police officer the friday before the Duke game. I was doing 13 over (whoops). He told me what I was doing and I was very kind. He mentioned how he liked my plate on my car (I have a Tech one). He said I needed to slow it down and let me go as he handed me my license he asked me "Whats the good word?" I politely replied with a big TO HELL WITH GEORGIA. I am convinced I got out of that ticket because I am a Tech fan.

I got pulled over by a police officer the friday before the Duke game. I was doing 13 over (whoops). He told me what I was doing and I was very kind. He mentioned how he liked my plate on my car (I have a Tech one). He said I needed to slow it down and let me go as he handed me my license he asked me "Whats the good word?" I politely replied with a big TO HELL WITH GEORGIA. I am convinced I got out of that ticket because I am a Tech fan.

My father and stepmother were driving back from Florida the Sunday after the UGA/FL game.

They said they saw three UF cars pulled over by GSP.:laugher:

Apparently the UGAg fans on the force were making up for it by pulling over any car with UF flags.

My father and stepmother were driving back from Florida the Sunday after the UGA/FL game.

They said they saw three UF cars pulled over by GSP.:laugher:

Apparently the UGAg fans on the force were making up for it by pulling over any car with UF flags.

Its going to be that way for the SECCG in a few weekends as well. You can probably speed all you want going south if you keep it within 20 of the limit, the GSPs are going to be working the northbound side HEAVY.

(Thought after the dog abuse this weekend the southbound lanes might have some extra attention too)

Its going to be that way for the SECCG in a few weekends as well. You can probably speed all you want going south if you keep it within 20 of the limit, the GSPs are going to be working the northbound side HEAVY.

(Thought after the dog abuse this weekend the southbound lanes might have some extra attention too)

Keep in mind that Bama was the team that cursed their blackouts, so I-20E will also be heavily patrolled.

My best UGA story and proudest moment so far as a parent...

My wife sends me a text at work one day saying "Call me, you're going to want to hear this". So, I call and she goes on to tell me about how her and my 3 year old daughter were at the grocery store. My daughter was sitting in the cart facing in the opposite direction as they shopped for a while when all of the sudden my daughter pinched her nose shut and began emphatically stating "Mommy, what is that awful smell. Peewwww it smells terrible. What is it Mommy, make it go away. It smells awful, yuck, make it stop."

My wife, of course, smells nothing but my daughter continues on and on about the horrible stench emanating from somewere close by. It went on long enough that my wife began to wonder if she had accidentally let one slip.

Finally, she happened to turn around and look in the buggy behind her where she saw the source of the god awful stench: a young boy in a UGA shirt.

My daughter is almost 5 now and to this day every time she sees the UGA logo (the letter G or the ugly inbred dog) she says "Pewww uggah... it stinks..."

The best part of all this... While it would've been a cute trick had I specifically taught her to do this, the fact that she actually came up with it all on her own at the age of 3 has been one of the most rewarding things I've yet experienced.

rg_cheerleader_gt.jpg

Last edited:
Good story! I would be proud too. Dress her in white and gold this weekend to cheer on the brave and bold!!

My daughter is almost 5 now and to this day every time she sees the UGA logo (the letter G or the ugly inbred dog) she says "Pewww uggah... it stinks..."[/img]

This thread has gone along way toward renewing my faith in future generations.

Not directly related, but in the theme of the next generation:
I have 3 daughters, ages 4, 2 1/2, and 9 months. Their (well, the older two's) favorite bedtime song has been since the season started, White & Gold and Ramblin' Wreck. And they know the whole song. And are surprised if anyone doesn't.
Also, my oldest was at the VT game, and upon seeing the VT mascot, loudly asked, "what's that funny looking penguin doing?"

Last time I went to a Tech game in Athens (2000), I had my flags broken off and my tires flattened (thankfully not slashed, just the air let out of all of them, so it could have been worse).

Back