Anybody else think Chan was "schooling" Ball ...

Big Bubba Ray

Dodd-Like
... by leaving him in there and basically getting his butt knocked in the dirt for running his mouth to the press ("Not gonna loose another game")?

I thought surely that Chan would put in Suggs or Bilbo for one series, just to let Ball regain his composure or calm him down, but it didn't happen. Suggs never removed his visor during the whole game.

So was Chan trying to send a message of punishment or confidence to Ball? I think punishment. Here's why - right after Ball showed some spunk in the 4th quarter on that long run on 3rd down, Chan decides to punt instead of giving Reggie another try at it.

Any other thoughts?

BBR

Reggie Ball plays hard. He is handicapped by an offensive line that is not getting the job done.

He is also handicapped by an offensive co-ordinator/head coach that does NOT have a clue... resulting in the most haphazard play selections in history,

Reggie Ball is NOT the problem.

I was disappointed we did not give some of our 2/3 deep guys game experience in the 4 th quarter.

Having said that, after the semi-bowl game, I would be surprised if Suggs ever takes another snap. He is not the number 2 on the depth chart. When we find a number 2, he may get some play time.

Originally posted by BeerNutts:
Big Bubba, FYI, Bilbo is not a Quarterback. Why would you want to see him there? Bilbo is a Wide Receiver.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Because anybody could have run a series to give Ball a breather, be it Bilbo, Suggs or Logan, for that matter. Heck the Falcons lined Danztler up under center yesterday and isn't he supposed to be a fullback?

BBR

And also it doesn't take a genius to
QB, CCG's offense.

What a waste of such a great talent!
(QB........RB)

Originally posted by beeware:
Reggie Ball plays hard. He is handicapped by an offensive line that is not getting the job done.

He is also handicapped by an offensive co-ordinator/head coach that does NOT have a clue... resulting in the most haphazard play selections in history,

Reggie Ball is NOT the problem.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
confused.gif
Reggie overthrowing the wideouts all day is not a problem?
The o-line didn't help much but he has got to improve his aim and reads.
There are alot of problems with this team right now.
pat.gif

this was by far the worst game Reggie has played. I think that CG anticipated (wrongly) that the D would be able to hold Clem's son.

I think CG got a good dose of reality as well. No one game is a season. If we win our next two we will all be shaking our heads thinking this is the strangest thing ever.

Everyone wants to discount the 8 quarters before this game, however the coaches did many things right in the past two games.

Everyone talks about the O line problems but the D line not getting ANY pressure was probably the biggest disappointment of the game.

I'd guess it was inadvertent but it should have served to teach Reggie a little humility. I don't see Reggie as being cocky myself but a little humility is like medicine. Hard to take but good for you in the long run. Now let's win the rest of them!

Big Bubba, FYI, Bilbo is not a Quarterback. Why would you want to see him there? Bilbo is a Wide Receiver.

Back