Anybody have a clue about how many fans VAndy will bring?***

Vandy has sold 2,500 of their tickets through the allotment given by GT (one of the reasons that GT is now trying to sell these tickets through a corporate sponsor, Costco as well make it a game to benefit Children's Hospital/Scottish Rite).

I am sure that Vandy will have a little bit of walk up after that, but not much.

I heard both of their fans are coming!

wink.gif

bash.gif
According to GTAA, they were sent a total of 5,000 tickets and they sent back 2,500...hence the need to get those tickets sold in the upper West on both ends. Also, season tickets have surpassed last year!

What a classy game that will be. Georgia Tech vs. Vanderbilt. Sorry I won't be able to make that. I imagine it will attact both Vandy fans as its the first game, new coach, good excuse to go to Atlanta, etc. Can't wait til kickoff.

GO TECH !!!!!!!

Dang, we'll have more Freshmen New-Bees in BDS than that. Let's teach them right with a lot of noise and a big win.
drinking.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:

wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hardy har har.

I would imagine if any school's fans could empathize with how hard it is to build fan interest in a pro sports town where the local media is totally sold out to State U. a couple of hours to the east, it would be you all. (Admittedly, having an administration that was openly hostile to athletics until the late 90's didn't exactly help matters so there's enough blame to go around.)

Unfortunately I live closer to UConn than to Vanderbilt or GT so we won't have a third fan there.

lightningzap.gif

Originally posted by PhilipVU94:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ahsoisee:

wink.gif

I would imagine if any school's fans could empathize with how hard it is to build fan interest in a pro sports town where the local media is totally sold out to State U. a couple of hours to the east, it would be you all. (Admittedly, having an administration that was openly hostile to athletics until the late 90's didn't exactly help matters so there's enough blame to go around.)

Unfortunately I live closer to UConn than to Vanderbilt or GT so we won't have a third fan there.

lightningzap.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Point taken, but don't lose heart, Duke draws about that many to home games.
grin.gif

Originally posted by PhilipVU94:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ahsoisee:

wink.gif

lightningzap.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Don't blame the city of Nashville. They didn't have professional sports teams till the last 5 - 6 years (Titans, Predators). That's a bit of a stretch don't you think? Agree with your media stuff, we get that all the time here with our friends from Athens.

Back