Anybody see Adam Jones play like an All-American last night?

kirbee

Jolly Good Fellow
Remember Adam Jones of College Park, now playing for WVa? He was a GT verbal and showed up to his signing day announcement with a GT hat or jersey or something on. Then he changed from GT gear to WVa gear and signed with the Mountaineers. Kid played like an All-American last night against Miami.

Good to see a local kid do well. Too bad its not for the Jackets.

He plays corner for those unaware. I think has was recruited as a safety.

That right cross *was* nice! He and Winslow were lucky they didn't get tossed.

He should have plenty of time to work on his technique considering what is major is. Do you even have to go to class when you are majoring in "Coaching Education"?

Originally posted by kirbee:
Good to see a local kid do well. Too bad its not for the Jackets.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'll have to disagree with you there.

After the crap he pulled on signing day, it's too bad Winslow didn't break his freakin nose last night.

I agree it was low-rent, but he was 17-18 at the time. Kids do things ... don't hold it against him forever.

He was also kicked off the team for a while last year do to off the field problems.

If anyone remembers, he was the individual whom one of other signees from the same class posted about on the Hive.(Not to mention any names, but the poster was our only OL signee in that class). This young mans statements were that he had met the young man and his family on his recruiting trips to Tech, and his quote was "he is not GT material".

I hope Adam Jones has a bright and successful career at WV, but his not being here is probably the best for both parties and what they want accomplished in student athletics.

All in one idiots opinion, of course!

Originally posted by TIAR,B:
He was also kicked off the team for a while last year do to off the field problems.

If anyone remembers, he was the individual whom one of other signees from the same class posted about on the Hive.(Not to mention any names, but the poster was our only OL signee in that class). This young mans statements were that he had met the young man and his family on his recruiting trips to Tech, and his quote was "he is not GT material".

I hope Adam Jones has a bright and successful career at WV, but his not being here is probably the best for both parties and what they want accomplished in student athletics.

All in one idiots opinion, of course!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Our OL signee left the program this spring so I guess he decided that he wasn't GT material either.

Back