Anybody see this? [Article]

MsTechAnalysis

Jolly Good Fellow
Need to read BC's Board - www.eagleaction.com and go to BC Banter - it's free. They are mad and there are a lot of BC grads who are lawyers who are saying based on the 'opt out' clause for any BE member - those filing the suit don't have a leg to stand on and this is a huge PR ploy!

The suit is being brought by the those schools not invited to the ACC and it's against BC, Miami and the ACC for supposedly working in secret collaboration with the ACC to move without saying anything. This goes against the grain because Mike Trangehese the current BE Commissioner tried to do something similar in 1999 when he secretly contacted the ACC about moving some schools over.

They're saying that over the last couple of years when Miami and BC were asked about moving out, their Presidents always said they were staying while they were secretly looking to leave. Anybody can say there staying but the "opt out" clause allows you to reverse those comments in a heart beat if something better is put in front of you.

I believe this will be a non-issue but I think it's going to have to make the ACC move faster to get those 3 schools in and possibly start play before 2005. There's already huge animosity from the schools being left out to those that are leaving.

I would think that Weaver's manuevering to get Va Tech in the mix would work against them in a law suit as well. How can he try to be part of expansion, then sue when he's not voted in? It's hypocritical at the least.

Also, best line I heard on radio is that UConn spent $90M to build their stadium, Va Tech spent $37M to expand theirs and WVA spent $25M to get all their cheerleaders' teeth fixed. They want their money back!

Back