Anybody watching the Army All-American Game?

ParkinJacket

Varsity Lurker
An OL that had verballed to Clemson announced he was going to U[sic]GA.

What was really disturbing is that the guy couldn't string to freaking syllables together. Somehow, he's still going to college next year. It's disturbing what passes for an "education" these days. :ugh:

What was really disturbing is that the guy couldn't string to freaking syllables together. Somehow, he's still going to college next year. It's disturbing what passes for an "education" these days. :ugh:

String to what? :hsugh:

I saw that and predicted that someone on one of the Tech boards would criticize the young man. He was very excited and put on the spot on national tv. I would give him a break.

BTW, I have not heard Tech's name on this game or the one on ABC ... but I have been switching back and forth.

Harmon is not even that good. He is just fat and needs a complete body rebuild to be effective for more than 20 plays a game at the major college level.

String to what? :hsugh:

I saw that and predicted that someone on one of the Tech boards would criticize the young man. He was very excited and put on the spot on national tv. I would give him a break.

BTW, I have not heard Tech's name on this game or the one on ABC ... but I have been switching back and forth.

Riiiiight - compare missing a letter on a small-ass laptop keyboard with not being able to pronounce simple words. :hsugh: back at ya.

If you'd notice, my primary complaint is the "education" system we have here in Georgia. Obviously, though, you seem to think this guy shows that our high schools put out Nobel Prize winners that are too shy to be able to talk in public.

Yes and it seemed like every other player was going to Notre Dame...man either these guys are loyal to the ND tradition or think that they have got a real shot at playing early based on ND's performance this past year....impressive bunch of blue chip recruits non the less I suppose....Will we see those type of BLUE CHIP player committ given the type of offense schemes that PJ & crew will put in place?? Just curious....I know that star rankings aren't the end all be all....just curious.

Will we see those type of BLUE CHIP player committ given the type of offense schemes that PJ & crew will put in place?? Just curious....I know that star rankings aren't the end all be all....just curious.

I dont see us having blue chip recruits any time in the near future. We can probly pull in some Athletes and Def. players, but I just dont see our offense having the big blue chippers. I think we will pull in the Joe Hamilton type players, ones that are good college football players, but wont be starters in the pros. The option is gonna need small and fast players.

Will we pull in blue-chippers on offense? No
Since Calvin was the only blue chipper we've pulled in on offense in the last 15+ years, I don't think
it's a stretch to say that. Our best shot is at B-back and dual-threat QB
BTW, my definition of blue chip is a top 25 recruit.

Obviously, though, you seem to think this guy shows that our high schools put out Nobel Prize winners that are too shy to be able to talk in public.

Actually, I was simply giving him the benefit of doubt.

As far as your typo, it was just a friendly jab. No offense intended.

Yes and it seemed like every other player was going to Notre Dame...

The team was picked by Tom Lemming, a guy that has long been known as a Notre Dame guy. In yesterday's game, for example, ND had 14 of their commits invited while Ugag had only 3. The hypocrisy is that their two classes are essentially ranked the same (according to Rivals) with the mutts having more 5-star players.
As long as Lemming is in charge, expect to see a healthy dose of domers on board.

I watched it. It was a glorified scrimmage. A lot of showboating and nobody wanted to light up Pryor. Some hard hitting, but I think it was just an exhibition.

Nobody knows if any of these players will be any good in college. I was impressed with Pryor and Gray. Gray is going to Minnesota and will probably be a wide receiver- the coach has a son who is trying to be a starting QB this year.

"The team was picked by Tom Lemming, a guy that has long been known as a Notre Dame guy. In yesterday's game, for example, ND had 14 of their commits invited while Ugag had only 3. The hypocrisy is that their two classes are essentially ranked the same (according to Rivals) with the mutts having more 5-star players.".

I don't know if this would explain the discrepancy, but we (UGA) also have several high profile / highly ranked players in the ESPNU / Under Armor All American game. I don't know how many Notre Dame had.

We're also gonna have a great shot with blue-chip slotback types. Maybe better than with B-Backs.

There is some mutual interest between Tech and diminutive Texas RB Marcus Wright who played in the West game in his hometown of San Antonio.

I hope we get him, he's my favorite on our current board and would be a stud slotback.

Back