Anyone (besides me) going to Lunch with Coach today?

Official name is (or should be):

Lunch with Buck

Not going though.

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Can't make it, unfortunately.

Would you mind (if you agree) telling him how much we miss a post-game show?

Pregame shows are more like PR affairs. Post-game shows address what actually happened on the field.

Just DL'd the VCD for the 1st half, and was VERY DISAPPOINTED to see the network cut to a commercial with 25 seconds left, just before CG called the TO. Wanted to see the O and kicking teams going back in forth like squirrels on the highway as TB vascillated (sp?), then the expression on CG's face as i realized he was doing CU a favor in calling a TO. Unfortunately, all we see is a huge grin on TB's face after the very lucky shovel pass.

I could buy the explanation that we were buying time to put on another drive had we actually made a serious effort at another drive.

[Beeswear, pls. don't seize on this as another cue to talk about "Buck"]

The more I watch the VCD, the more I realize how bad the special teams play (and the play of certain individuals, but let's not go there) really hurt us in that game. Our special teams coach better be brushing up his resume if we ever see another performance like that.

g-timer,
But you have to admit our kickers are in good shape with all the pushups they are doing?!?!?!

A friend of mine is one of the best kickers in college football history. And he told me that he would get to the field before the rest of the team and would have his kicking and practice done, before the rest of the team even got there most of the time. He said he would already have a shower and be drinking a cold beer while the rest of the team practiced. But the team knew that when the game was on the line that he could and would kick that 50 yard field goal to win the game.
Maybe someone could tell this special teams coach that maybe if we teach them some fundamentals like tackling and blocking and downing the ball inside the 5...things like that....would be much more beneficial to the team than how many freakin' pushups the special teams can do.
Just another example of the very mediocre staff put together by a very mediocre Buck.

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Back