Anyone else feel torn?

loyalGTfan

Varsity Lurker
I hoped we'd beat Ugay but I didn't think we would. To be honest I thought we'd end up somewhere around where we are at the start of the season before Notre Dame.

So, Gailey...

I really dislike this guy as a coach, most all of you all ready know that. But, I'm torn as to whether he should go this year.

So far, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Ole Miss and Michigan are open. And, there may be more to come that are big name schools. There are no NFL coaches this year that are gonna drop back to the NCAA's. And we have that dumba** Braine's stupid contract with CCG.

I think next year will be bad anyway regardless of who's coach. I mean we lose way to many good players. Should we wait to pull the trigger till we have a decent shot at landing a good coach? And, if we do wait will we ever do it?:mad:

I'm ticked we're in this situation. But, I just wonder are we going to fire a medicore coach and replace him with another? I'll be honest from an X's and O's standpoint I liked Chan yesterday. I liked the calls I liked the passion he showed.

I HATE his inability to produce a QB. I hate his boring games this season. But, after watching TB all year I think that's all he had was to run run run the ball. Maybe his QB recruiting is better though with Nesbitt??

I'm torn. I don't want the EXTRA burden of having to pay CCG every year, plus a new coach to pay considering we probably won't get a good one. But, then again CCG is CCG and I can't just forget all the games he costs us.

I just feel like we are in a no win situation almost. It's very disappointing. So, does anyone else feel this way at all?

Cut ties immediately. If we have to take a step back I would rather it be with a new coach. And why do you have to suck next year? What happened to all these new recruits that we got over the last two to three years.

It's about time some of these young kids grow some nads and play football like they should.

I think next year will be bad anyway regardless of who's coach. I mean we lose way to many good players. Should we wait to pull the trigger till we have a decent shot at landing a good coach?

This is the issue that I'm the most mixed up on. First off, if we all know we're going to be worse next year, then Chan's clearly going to get fired next year no matter what. So the question isn't is it bad to replace him this year, it's whether it's worse to replace him next year, after a worse performance, in terms of recruiting.

Replacing him this year would mean that we get to see how the new coach develops Nesbitt and Dwyer. That's my thinking. The new coach has a foundation to build on, a cupboard that's not empty.

I'll admit that I do. I'm all for replacing Chan as long as DRad has had the possibility of making a change on his mind for a while --which I think he has-- and has a good list of formidable replacements put together that he feels both fits the mold at GT and would be interested in the job.

I've stated many a time on here that I was not happy when CCG was hired --in fact, after the 2002 season and the 51-7 UGA loss, I was as close to forcing myself into apathy towards GT football as I ever had been. The Auburn win in 2003 brought me back in (although honestly it brought me back from nowhere because I never went into self-imposed apathy) and --like everyone else-- I've ridden the roller-coaster that has been GT football in the Chan Gailey era.

But I want DRad to make a change because he feels like there is someone out there to take GT football to the next level --don't make a change just for the sake of making a change.

If a new coach comes in, he will be expected to win games from the get go. We have a talented team, the cupboard is not bare at all. Offense will be better next year then this year, Defense might fall off a bit but the replacements are talented players.

Texas A&M, Nebraska, Ole Miss and Michigan will demand some great #2 Assistant or named existing Coach. The TV guys even mentioned that this would be a though year to get a goo coach. Either way next year is already written.

Do we even look out of house? Just curious. Is Bond or Tenuta even an option?

I'll admit that I do. I'm all for replacing Chan as long as DRad has had the possibility of making a change on his mind for a while --which I think he has-- and has a good list of formidable replacements put together that he feels both fits the mold at GT and would be interested in the job....
But I want DRad to make a change because he feels like there is someone out there to take GT football to the next level --don't make a change just for the sake of making a change.

This post echoes my sentiments exactly, I am all for this move as long as it has been carefully analyzed since given the state of our program there is as much potential for improvement as there is for a setback. I hope DRad's decision isn't a knee jerk rection otherwise we can get ourselves into situations similar to the firings at Ole Miss with David Cutcliffe and Minnesota with Glenn Mason and the number of high profile programs looking for coaches this season adds a greater level of competition to the already difficult task of getting a new coach.

If a new coach comes in, he will be expected to win games from the get go. We have a talented team, the cupboard is not bare at all. Offense will be better next year then this year, Defense might fall off a bit but the replacements are talented players.

Dem, can you give us any guidance as to when DRad will make some type of announcement? Thanks!

^ To paraphrase what he said in another thread, it won't take more than a few days to finalize everything. Whether Gailey stays or goes, look for a public announcement to be made.

Cut ties immediately. If we have to take a step back I would rather it be with a new coach. And why do you have to suck next year? What happened to all these new recruits that we got over the last two to three years.

It's about time some of these young kids grow some nads and play football like they should.

spoken like someone who knows a thing or two about football, which he does

No, I don't feel torn I feel
oldman.gif

Back