Anyone else find our offense elegant?

GTKyle

Dodd-Like
Most pro-style offenses require a bit of brutish strength and a lot of yards after contact. I'm not saying we're not physical, just in a different way. Our scheme is based on sealing blocks and on a lot of our plays our guy gets into space and is brought down by a single tackler. This is different than a pro-style offense where RBs are typically bouncing off people. Our RBs seem to be navigating a maze of blocks which looks very elegant IMO.

The other thing is that in our option offense every play is designed to go for a TD while in a traditional offense some plays are designed to go farther than others. We always seem just on the verge of breaking a long run.

Your thoughts?

@TechinItEasy - who posted this? I can't search. It's part of my punishment for doing nothing.

Last edited:
Yeah I love watching running plays, seeing CPJ adjust and beat the defensive schemes and seeing wide-open receivers running down the field.

Google works pretty well for stingtalk search, just put 'site:stingtalk.com' as well. I assume there have been at least couple of threads that talked how our offense is a thing of beauty, but I don't mind seeing them. It's not like the BCS poll or some game thread is being posted 7 times.

God, I love him.

I whole-heartedly believe that he's a great coach, and not because he runs this offense. I think if he decided to run a pro-set, he would have already won MNCs at a big school somewhere.

That said, I love this offense too, because it makes you learn everything about football, not simply the regurgitated bull**** they talk about on ESPN.

As my advisor and professor in the physics department talked about the elegance of the special theory of relativity, I didn't think it had an equal that was not to be found in a museum.
Except, of course, for that which was on display from 1985-2005, roughly, at Paulson Stadium, and since August 2008 at Historic Grant Field/Bobby Dodd Stadium.

Back