Anyone else hear Coleman pick us to lose by +25?

71YellowJacket

Damn Good Rat
Coleman is another bash Gailey member.

When these people locked into a position that it was all Gailey's fault for last years loss to UGag and FSU (the other one), then any evidence that doesn't support this view just won't fit in their 'puter.

Tech could sweep the table and the bashers will still demand Gailey's head.

Coleman is wrong and those placing their bets on FSU bettering the odds are going to lose.

If we were to somehow win this game, would he say he just said that stuff for motivation?

Will he attack Gailey for 'coaching like a desparate man' if we go for it on 4th down? (BTW, what exactly does that mean? If Tommy Tubberville goes for it on 4th down, he's a gambler, but CG is a 'desparate...man'?? Me, I want a coach who is 'desparate' for a win each and every game!

Originally posted by 71YellowJacket:

When these people locked into a position that it was all Gailey's fault for last years loss to UGag and FSU (the other one), then any evidence that doesn't support this view just won't fit in their 'puter.

Coleman is wrong and those placing their bets on FSU bettering the odds are going to lose.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Is Coleman wrong if we lose by 23?

those placing their bets on FSU bettering the odds are going to lose.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Those who place bets on this game are just suckers. You don't mess with a line like that. Has nothing to do with team alliegance.

By the way, Pat Dye has NEVER admitted that what he said was trying to light a fire into UGA. I doubt he was that smart. The fact they won, must meant that's what he was doing, therefore, the fact we beat Auburn means Coleman's comments were meant to light a fire under GT, and it did.

Gnome, I have no problem with CR picking what he thinks will happen in a game. I also have no problem with him having problems with GTAA. What I have a problem with is him making fun of Tech on the radio "couldn't beat Auburn with 15 on the field" and then claiming he loves Tech. It just doesn't fly, and I'd tell him to his face given a chance. If he thinks we'll lose by 30 that's fine. As long as all he did was pick the game I have no problem.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Gnome, I have no problem with CR picking what he thinks will happen in a game. I also have no problem with him having problems with GTAA. What I have a problem with is him making fun of Tech on the radio "couldn't beat Auburn with 15 on the field" and then claiming he loves Tech. It just doesn't fly, and I'd tell him to his face given a chance. If he thinks we'll lose by 30 that's fine. As long as all he did was pick the game I have no problem.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NC.. Coleman was equally animated last year when he was discussing how Tech was gonna whip UGA.. Unfortunately he was wrong... That's his personality, NC... Coaches say that there's no way their team is gonna beat their upcoming opponent using similar phrases as Coleman's "15 man phrase"... Lou Holtz says things like that all the time... So does Spurrier... Coleman isn't Tech's coach but he certainly the predecent has been set... What the heck is the problem here ???

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And what about the other 9 people including myself who so far have predicted the same in the prediction contest, including refridgeratormover?

By the way, Pat Dye has NEVER admitted that what he said was trying to light a fire into UGA. I doubt he was that smart. The fact they won, must meant that's what he was doing, therefore, the fact we beat Auburn means Coleman's comments were meant to light a fire under GT, and it did

Gnome - are you being serious, or is this tongue-in-cheek?

CR's statement about how GT could not beat AU 'with 15 men on the field' was in the middle of a diatribe that covered many subjects. Included was calling the win over NC ST a "miracle" (again, I ask - what does that mean??), about how the academic losses from the spring were 'just the tip of the iceberg' and 'I guarantee you there will be more losses'. CR then went to espunge his beliefs on why Chan Gailey is not the right coach for GT, and how he will not 'get the job done'.

CR is also a paid radio analyst whos value is partly driven by his commentary on the GT program. He is not, like Pat Dye, an independent outsider who has had nothing to do with the program in umpteen years (a better anaolgy to Pat Dye would be if, say Frank Broyles had made CRs statement)

If you are seriously trying to pass off CRs statements as 'motivational', that is the most absurd rationalization I can think of. You need to sell that elsewhere.

Originally posted by Tech Kaczynski:
You'd be just as PO'd if you had two last names... give the poor man a break.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
laugh.gif

Originally posted by TIAR,B:
By the way, Pat Dye has NEVER admitted that what he said was trying to light a fire into UGA. I doubt he was that smart. The fact they won, must meant that's what he was doing, therefore, the fact we beat Auburn means Coleman's comments were meant to light a fire under GT, and it did

Gnome - are you being serious, or is this tongue-in-cheek?

CR's statement about how GT could not beat AU 'with 15 men on the field' was in the middle of a diatribe that covered many subjects. Included was calling the win over NC ST a "miracle" (again, I ask - what does that mean??), about how the academic losses from the spring were 'just the tip of the iceberg' and 'I guarantee you there will be more losses'. CR then went to espunge his beliefs on why Chan Gailey is not the right coach for GT, and how he will not 'get the job done'.

CR is also a paid radio analyst whos value is partly driven by his commentary on the GT program. He is not, like Pat Dye, an independent outsider who has had nothing to do with the program in umpteen years (a better anaolgy to Pat Dye would be if, say Frank Broyles had made CRs statement)

If you are seriously trying to pass off CRs statements as 'motivational', that is the most absurd rationalization I can think of. You need to sell that elsewhere.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It was tongue in cheek, but my point was when someone says something on the radio or anywhere, it's their opinion but you cant infer what they mean unless they say this is what meant. Plus, I dont think Gailey is the right coach to take us to where we want this program to be, but for him to have a fair chance, he needs a new mind and set of eyes looking at the situation not one that nobody on this board or really throughout the GT community trusts. Like many have said, they will judge Gailey on the whole year as far as their opinion on how he is doing. That's fine. But just because someone tells their opinion now doesnt mean he is right or wrong. I dont want a homer. I want someone telling me their opinion on talk radio, or it would be very boring and I wouldnt listen. Coleman does it as a hobby. And his predictions have actually been more right than wrong so far in the last 2 years. At least he takes a stand. If he believed that the AD and the program were on the right track, and trusted the AD with this ultimate responsibility, then you would probably think he was a homer because he would be the most vocal supporter-because he is heard. I cant stand this "he better shut up crap" any longer. Give up the homer crap for once. Just because he predicted the Dawgs to win the SEC last year before the season started, and they did, doesnt mean he likes the Dawgs. He loves Tech, and will be opinionated.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He is not on the radio to "toe the line." He is not on the radio to only speak about the positives. Even Steve Hummer said the same thing about GT before the Auburn game. It was his way of saying, as 99% of the people out there before the season started, Tech would get killed by Auburn. He is not on the radio to just "pick the game." His pregame show on Saturdays is not connected to Georgia Tech in any way, other than they do it locally at the Sigma Chi House. It is a college football pregame. He is there to give his predictions and why. He usually has 10 times more facts than Buck and Steve Dooley combined. I have no problem with that. Just because he went to GT, his dad went there, both played there, doesnt mean he has to "toe the line." If you really new everything that was going on down there, you may understand where Coleman gets some of his "sarcasm" regarding the program at this time. If we win tonight, then I would bet you Coleman would be the first to admit that Gailey is doing some good things, as well as Tenuta. The Auburn win is a great win because we all needed it (the whole GT community) but it may not end up being a "great" win in the end we'll see because Auburn looks pathetic.

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
If we win tonight, then I would bet you Coleman would be the first to admit that Gailey is doing some good things, as well as Tenuta.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It would necessarily be an "admission."

Too bad.

Back