Anyone looking for a coaching gig?

Athletic Supporter

From a certain point of view
On ESPNU Radio this afternoon a caller asked the guest, Will Healy, if he would want to be the next Tech head coach. He spoke very highly about Georgia Tech in his answer. Evidently, he has strong family ties here of which I was unaware. He absolutely did not rule it out. Of course, he might just go to Cambridge University.

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
On ESPNU Radio this afternoon a caller asked the guest, Will Healy, if he would want to be the next Tech head coach. He spoke very highly about Georgia Tech in his answer. Evidently, he has strong family ties here of which I was unaware. He absolutely did not rule it out. Of course, he might just go to Cambridge University.
Yes he does. His father, Rob, played running back in the 70's. His grandfather, William, played for some of Bobby Dodd's early teams.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Wasn’t familiar with his story. Impressive turnaround at APeay.

DeepSnap

Flats Noob
Yes he does. His father, Rob, played running back in the 70's. His grandfather, William, played for some of Bobby Dodd's early teams.
Grandpa Bill was one of Coach Dodd's Captains in 1947 (beat Kansas in the Orange Bowl), 3rd team AA in '47 & 1st in '48, lettered in '42, '46, '47 & '48, & GT Hall of Fame.

Daddy Rob was a RB for Carson (2 yrs) and Fulcher (1 yr) in the "5 years to play 3 - Freshmen were ineligible" era.

Uncle Chip, Rob's brother, was an All-SEC LB at Vandy in the mid-to-late 60s on some truly horrible teams.

Uncle Brad Bourne (whose dad Bill played at Tech and had GT HoF & 1928 Rose Bowl player Vance Maree - he blocked a punt for a safety after Wrong Way Riegels' fumble return and the winning margin in the game - for an uncle) was a GT FB Captain and Uncle Bill Noethling, a former Pennsylvania Big33 HS player, played at Tech. Bourne's married to Rob's sister & IIRC Noethling's married to Bourne's sister.

So yeah, Healy's DNA has a lot of White & Gold in it.

Will runs a pretty wide-open offense, learned as a QB at Richmond, and his new contract extension runs out right about the time Johnson's does.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Last edited:

Athletic Supporter

From a certain point of view
Grandpa Bill was one of Coach Dodd's Captains in 1947 (beat Kansas in the Orange Bowl), 3rd team AA in '47 & 1st in '48, lettered in '42, '46, '47 & '48, & GT Hall of Fame.

Daddy Rob was a RB for Carson (2 yrs) and Fulcher (1 yr) in the "5 years to play 3 - Freshmen were ineligible" era.

Uncle Chip, Rob's brother, was an All-SEC LB at Vandy in the mid-to-late 60s on some truly horrible teams.

Uncle Brad Bourne (whose dad Bill played at Tech and had GT HoF & 1928 Rose Bowl player Vance Maree - he blocked a punt for a safety after Wrong Way Riegels' fumble return and the winning margin in the game - for an uncle) was a GT FB Captain and Uncle Bill Noethling, a former Pennsylvania Big33 HS player, played at Tech. Bourne's married to Rob's sister & IIRC Noethling's married to Bourne's sister.

Will runs a pretty wide-open offense, learned as a QB at Richmond, and his new contract extension runs out right about the time Johnson's does.

So you're saying there's a chance! I'm not particularity anti our current coach, but I would be excited should this come to pass.

texstinger

Dodd-Like

Sweet mother of pearl - if Bourne & Noethling could have gone thru their GT careers injury free. 2 good ones!

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot

Cool. I was not aware Brad and Rob were related. Are they still around and doing ok?

DeepSnap

Flats Noob
Cool. I was not aware Brad and Rob were related. Are they still around and doing ok?
I'll let you know in three weeks..... I usually see Brad at all (if he not off with Rob watching one of Will's games) our home games. Last I saw Rob (at the 2017 FB letterwinners' spring golf outing), Rob was in good health & his usual self.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
Will Healy was lauded a couple of times in recent years as a real up and comer.