Anyone playing in the John Davis Classic today?

BigPlayClay

Varsity Lurker
It’s a great cause (Ga Mtn Hospice) and a great time. Hope to see some more GT folks supporting John!

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
JD used to post here when it was coming up every year but haven't seen him here in a while.

SarasotaJacket

Varsity Lurker
Yeah, I didn't know about it either. It's sold out, due to limited space this year (Covid).

BigPlayClay

Varsity Lurker
It was played today at Bent Tree in Jasper

Big John is doing well. I hope we get a lot of Tech men out there next year to support him.

Three former players beside John were there:
  1. Robert Massey
  2. Damien Burke (sp?)
  3. Jurgensen - didn’t catch his first name

MoverofFridge2

Helluva Engineer
Spoke with JD after tournament and he was pleased with this years tournament considering everything going on right now. The tournament was limited in number, but he sold all 25 teams and if I remember correctly he said 22 of those showed up. This was the first tournament that I have missed since he began it 27 years ago. He had a few teammates who played Wednesday. This one day tournament is getting close to reaching the million dollar mark in finds raised for Hospice which in my opinion is phenomenal. As far as the future is concerned, it is his intent to get back to the first Wednesday in June date in 2021. I know JD is appreciative of all those people who donate to this great cause and come out and play a round of golf.

John is doing pretty well physically. Some days are better than others but overall he is still just a pain in the A$$ like he always has been.