apology to o'brien and some thoughts regarding Bilbo

i_bleed_gold_white

Varsity Lurker
Re: apology to o\'brien and some thoughts regarding Bilbo

Ylok, excellent post. Thank you. By the way, do you have any idea what Bilbo's 40 time is?

Big strong kid like him ought to be able to yank the ball away from some DB's

Originally posted by i_bleed_gold_white:
Ylok, excellent post. Thank you. By the way, do you have any idea what Bilbo's 40 time is?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">not sure about his 40 speed .. not worried about it honestly

FWIW, Bilbo's 40 speed is in the 4.6-4.7 range

apology to o\'brien and some thoughts regarding Bilbo

i know this doesn't mean anything .. but i had been attributing the lack of bilbo's development as a QB last year directly to o'brien.

looks like it wasn't just o'brien who felt that bilbo cudn't cut it at QB for our team.

bilbo has worked with a few coaches now and hasn't been able to grasp the QB position as we all hoped he would.

that being said, he won't be the first or the last "stellar" high school QB to go through what he's going. we have plenty of stellar high school QB's in our team itself who are playing at different positions now.

the coaches WANT bilbo on the field, if not at QB .. then at another position. they tried RB, which is where we most lack bodies. that move didn't seem to pan out.

now they are trying WR. looks like this is Bilbo's position of preference. i saw him work with the WRs in practice the other night and he ran some routes and caught some passes. he looked sharp.

at 6'3", good game speed and someone who can bench 400+ pounds, he can excel as a WR .. someone who can leap and make grabs as well as block and lay the wood on running plays.

i hope bilbo stays at Tech and develops as WR. i will be sorry to see him leave should he choose to do that .. right now the indications are that he'll stay ..

here's an article about how Dawan Landry relates to Damarius Bilbo regarding changing positions from QB to something else ..

LINK: Landry feels Bilbo's pain .. article by Brian Murphy

found at the best source of georgia tech as well as college sports news

LINK: daily buzz at gojackets.com

Back