Are we even going to make it to December?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegtstunner08

Earl of Cheap Seats and Cold Pizza
Ever since the calendar flipped to November, cancellations/postponements have sped up. I hope we get to the playoffs and natty game but I just don't see it. Hope I'm wrong.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you
Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine
I'd go back to December, turn around and make it all right

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
What'll be interesting is a 6-0 Ohio State getting in over a 9-1 A&M who beat then #4, or a 10-0 Cincinnatti who beat #22 and #16. But there's no way they hold out the $$$ maker that is OSU with Justin Fields. They already changed the eligibility rules to give the Buckeyes room to get in late, and they were immediately ranked #4 upon playing a down. The CFP will expand to 6 teams for one year if they have to IMO, but more likely they just give everyone who's more deserving of the 4th spot the finger.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
I'd be surprised if we don't get the playoff. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the bowl schedule ends up significantly scaled back, though. Maybe just the NY6 bowls and a handful of others.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Doom. Gloom. Your mom said hello.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
I'd be surprised if we don't get the playoff. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the bowl schedule ends up significantly scaled back, though. Maybe just the NY6 bowls and a handful of others.
It will be hard to pass on the TV money.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
Ever since the calendar flipped to November, cancellations/postponements have sped up. I hope we get to the playoffs and natty game but I just don't see it. Hope I'm wrong.
The NFL is on life support, too. Not looking good for the Super Bowl in Tampa. No fairness for anyone. Tampa played the Chiefs and New Orleans gets a free win against the Broncos with a practice squad qb.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
The NFL is on life support, too. Not looking good for the Super Bowl in Tampa. No fairness for anyone. Tampa played the Chiefs and New Orleans gets a free win against the Broncos with a practice squad qb.
it's unsustainable with the protocols. which are ridiculous. either give up the protocols or wait for Fall 2021

HamiltonFan

Varsity Lurker
it's unsustainable with the protocols. which are ridiculous. either give up the protocols or wait for Fall 2021
Agreed. Even the mask wearing is ridiculous when you watch coach after coach pull it down to yell at a player or ref...not to mention that fans that do it after every play. It's theatrical and sends the wrong message. Play the games or don't play the games, but don't pretend you're taking this seriously when it's obvious the majority are not.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
Agreed. Even the mask wearing is ridiculous when you watch coach after coach pull it down to yell at a player or ref...not to mention that fans that do it after every play. It's theatrical and sends the wrong message. Play the games or don't play the games, but don't pretend you're taking this seriously when it's obvious the majority are not.
yes. in that context the masks are purely for optics .. lets not kid ourselves!

johncu

Dodd-Like
So because protocols are imperfect and some people will still violate them, we should give up on them entirely?

Status
Not open for further replies.