Are we recruiting this 6’5 260lb DE?

bonham

Dodd-Like
Wow. There are some major dollar signs in this kid’s future.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
'66 SS Chevelle in the background is nice. My dad bought a brand new one in March 1966, just before I was born.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
The thing is that he’s probably done growing and is dominating based on size. As others develop, his advantage will decrease. Will he still be good when he’s average size for a FBS player?

Or maybe I’m wrong and he’ll be a 7’ 500lbs beast who throws 300lbs offensive lineman behind him one handed.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Nice, what was the drivetrain package?
I think a 66 was a 327 4 speed. Dad worked at Lockheed at the time. He was driving to work early one morning and hit a garbage truck that was stopped in the road with no lights on Blackwell Road. Luckily, he escaped with only a broken arm. The car was totaled

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
The thing is that he’s probably done growing and is dominating based on size. As others develop, his advantage will decrease. Will he still be good when he’s average size for a FBS player?

Or maybe I’m wrong and he’ll be a 7’ 500lbs beast who throws 300lbs offensive lineman behind him one handed.
Yep. I’ve seen many kids who mature early and dominate. But the pack ALWAYS catches up. Not saying he wont be a beast but what he did in middle school means nothing. His junior and senior seasons will be the deciding factor. Usually the freaks are the ones who do the opposite - start out smaller and become freaks during high school.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Yep. I’ve seen many kids who mature early and dominate. But the pack ALWAYS catches up. Not saying he wont be a beast but what he did in middle school means nothing. His junior and senior seasons will be the deciding factor. Usually the freaks are the ones who do the opposite - start out smaller and become freaks during high school.
True, when you see a little guy hanging with bigger players, that's a big alert. If they ever hit that growth spurt they are often something pretty special.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
This is also part of why so many HS 5 stars fizzle in the pros.

MACHETE

Dodd-Like
Same thing happens in basketball. When my son was playing 5th grade AAU, there was a kid who was close to 6' with insane skills. Turns out he matured early and by the time he was a senior he was still good but no bball in college was in his future.

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
My daughter's young AAU basketball team had the same center for about 4 years, maybe 9-12. She was one of the two dominant players. I was shocked to see her later in high school six inches shorter than my daughter (being dominated by my daughter at guard).