Are you a 39%er?

I would go to a GT game but might sit in area all by myself. Would probably skip the indoor venues.

Tech and others should simply distance fans from each other. For the most part, only season ticket holders will go this year anyway. No visitors are coming, few walk up fans. So take the season tickets and spread to every third seat or keep the current seats and allow every third game. Shut down concessions, allow fans to bring in their own stuff.

I’ll be there.

giphy.gif

I am a 39%er. Even pre-vaccine, if current numbers of active cases were minimal, I would attend a sporting event, concert, movie, etc. Now, if active cases are raging I would stay home.

Tech and others should simply distance fans from each other. For the most part, only season ticket holders will go this year anyway. No visitors are coming, few walk up fans. So take the season tickets and spread to every third seat or keep the current seats and allow every third game. Shut down concessions, allow fans to bring in their own stuff.
This was my thought as well. We could all space out. Only issue is common areas so all concessions would have to be in seat.

If you are under 65, don't have a heart condition or COPD, and you are afraid to go to a game because of corona virus, you should change your name to Nancy. Corona viruses have been around most of our lives and will continue to be around the rest of our lives. Any vaccine they come up with will likely be about as effective as the flu vaccine because this virus is going to mutate just like the cold & flu have for decades.

On the bright side, it will be much cooler in the stadium this fall due the low carbon emissions we are experiencing now.

We've needed to take a seat or two out of each row anyways. Maybe now we can actually do it.

If you are under 65, don't have a heart condition or COPD, and you are afraid to go to a game because of corona virus, you should change your name to Nancy. Corona viruses have been around most of our lives and will continue to be around the rest of our lives. Any vaccine they come up with will likely be about as effective as the flu vaccine because this virus is going to mutate just like the cold & flu have for decades.

On the bright side, it will be much cooler in the stadium this fall due the low carbon emissions we are experiencing now.

Im not worried about contracting/dying from it myself, but I’d be worried about helping pass it on to high risk people that might die from it.

Also to some of the other posts, social distancing in the stadium seats doesn’t help much when there are bottlenecks everywhere in the gates, entrances, stairs, and restrooms.

I’d think about going. But would probably base the decision off of what the state of the virus looked like in the fall. It would be more complicated with a flight involved. More likely I’d just donate my season tix and watch from the bar unless things have cleared up a bit.

My bold prediction is that by September hardly anybody will be thinking about COVID-19. People will be cautious for a few weeks after businesses reopen, but by the fall, the pandemic will be ancient history. Just my guess, though. It mostly depends on whether the media has something else to talk about. By then folks will be tired of coronavirus news reports, and the election will take center stage.

People are sheep. They will say whatever seems the most socially conscious and then do whatever they want as long as enough other people do it to provide them cover.

There will be a small number of paranoid people but nowhere close to being a majority.

A poll of "sports fans"? I'd be curious to see how many games these poll respondents attended on average last year. There are a lot of "sports fans" who never leave their couches/bars.

Let's get a survey of people who attended multiple live sporting events last year and ask them.

Needless to say, if they're playing football at Grant Field, I'll be there. I attended a game a few years ago with bronchitis and pneumonia. We won.

Back