Arrrrrrrrggggghhhhh!

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
This is indeed going to be a tough two weeks. I stated I would not say anything until after the GT/UGA game if Tech beat Duke.

Gee, what a bummer!

pat.gif

When you go to a game with weather conditions like today and then see the team literally struggle on offense against a team of Duke's caliber it make me question my own sanity. This team has shot itself in the foot all year with silly penalties and poor execution. But I don't want to sound totally negative because this defense just gets better and better despite numerous injuries. The way our offense struggles it makes one wonder if everyone is on the same page as this was game 11 and our QB play is totally deteriorating as the games go by. AJ
threw an interception and the ref's bailed him out by calling a roughness penalty against Duke and damn if he didn't throw another one a couple of plays later as if to tell us all that he had perfected the interception routine. This offense is not being coached and if we stand pat on this offensive staff I am going to be totally frustrated.

For Pete's sake, Ah, go ahead & say what U want to. No one here cares what U said this past week. If ya wanna let go of something, let go of it here-now. This place is good for the emotions.

Big Buck to say the offense is not being coached is an irrational statement. Of course they are being coached. The offense is missing Tony Hollings at RB and Nat Dorsey at OL last time I looked. If those two were still there then things would be looking a whole lot better as Suggs would not have to be the feature guy, a role he is not suited for Additionally, on the int at the two yard line the receiver ran the wrong route. He was suppose to run like he was going to run a fade and then cut inside the defensive back but the receiver stayed to the outside. Additionally, AJ through about a 30 yard pass that Levon Thomas dropped that would have put us on about Duke's 20

First and foremost, I'm tired of hearing about the injuries. The fact of the matter is that we have still averaged over 400 yd/gm over the past four games (I believe until today). How can you explain averaging less than 18 points per game over this time span?

Stop blaming it on injuries. The fact is that we have more depth than anyone is giving us credit for and that we can still hang with the best in the country with our team. Please stop insulting our players by saying we would be better with others. We have not executed and that is the reason why we have lost games. Nothing else explains it. Again, I implore you to look at the numbers. The inconsistency at QB has cost us the games. The D has been awesome this year but our offense has been the reason for our downfall. No matter how you want to see it these are the facts:

Our QB has had the worst rated games of his career the past four out of five games.

Our receivers were not put in a position to make plays. In fact, I would argue that our receivers have made our QB look better than he is over the past couple of games. Just look at J. Smith's catch against NCST. It was not a well thrown pass.

Mr. Pilot, I agree wholeheartedly with what you say about scoring. It is really a shame that the int.'s were thrown at end of 2 games. Add to those the critical one against FSU. And, even then, our qb had a chance to tackle Samuels and not let him score!!

It seems that at UConn when we seemed to go in shell in 2nd half, people thought we were just being kind to Edsall. Well, little did we know that that would develop into a pattern! How many games have we scored the lst time we touch the ball and not again for a very long time. To me, the offense looks sorta pathetic. A good qb would throw the ball away before throwing an int. at such crucial pts. during 3 games!!

Maybe he should go to the Wizard of Oz and ask for something. Wonder what that would be.
wink.gif

Yep me too! I can't believe even with a mediocre QB and good coaching we score fewer and fewer points each game. I am beginning to think AJ is only the symptom of the problem. Who in blue blazes is the QB coach. No, don't tell me it's BOB! He needs to go so we can get a real coach in and maybe the point production and QB effeciency will improve. Without our D we might be by now 0-11. Ok take Uconn and Vandy out of the mix. We could be at best 2-9.

"This offense is not being coached and if we stand pat on this offensive staff I am going to be totally frustrated.".....
Statement by Big Buck

I hate to try to speak for Big Buck but I would guess that he was speaking in relative terms. Of course, it is being coached, but it is VERY OBVIOUSLY being undercoached or improperly coached. I'm with you Big Buck....I think if we stand pat we are doomed to sub-mediocrity.

JoeHam could make our current Offense look positively brilliant. Change the messenger, they will come.

If the coaches are doing such a positive job, why are are we still making first game mistakes, ie. motion and formation penalties???

How did you guys in the Atlanta area like CCG's reference to no style points for a win, only a W.? This was in the postgame sound bites. He looked frustrated like a cross between GoL and JD(UGAg). Just my observations.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Here is hoping the week off is put to fundamentals on O.

Congrats to the D. They were great,period.
drinking.gif
drinking.gif

Back