Asking for forgiveness from 83jacket and others...

techsamillion

Flats Noob
Hi 83: I want to ask you to forgive me for my explosive tyrade on Stingtalk re: the FSU game. There may be reasons for such behavior but there are never excuses. I spoke in a very unbecoming manner and I am indeed sorry. Also, I am sure that some others were likely offended but just did not express it. To these I also apologize. The bottome line is simply that I lost all perspective and bolted like a brahma bull out of a tight shute. I really hate to reflect on all I said and just hope that you can forgive my hotheadness precipitated by hope and overexpectation. I was foolish and immature in my actions. Please,83 and all the board forgive me. I really like this place and everyone on it....just some above others.
God bless.
John (techsamillion)

Techsamillion, Most all of us are edgy when Tech loses, because we want to see Tech win. The posters blasting the others as fair-weather-fans and the ones blasting the coaches and players for poor performances all have one goal, to win.

Different fans take different approaches, but it would be extremely difficult to determine which are the best fans.

All of us make remarks that sometimes could be left unsaid, but then we have to get it off our chests. I would guess there are very few posters on the board offended by the majority of the posts, but everyone, including me, wants to post their feelings on each issue.

When I first started posting on the Hive, I had definite ideas regarding most all issues. I ruffled many a feather by coming across so bluntly. Even though I still have most of the same ideas, I have tried to present my ideas in a less aggressive manner.

If you think that is funny, you should have read some of my original posts on the Hive. I am sure GT Ace, Big Buck, and many others would back up my statements that I have learned a lot about posting on the Tech boards since that time.

Myself and all the others on the board wants to hear your opinions as well as all the other poster's opinions. One exception, if you give the same exact opinion over and over as BeeWare does, please just give it a number and say this is post #2 repeated.

All apologies are accepted and all posters are our Tech family. Heck, I might even apologize one day, but I can't let my wife see the apology, she would faint.

blue.gif

Thanks so much Ahsoisee, you have helped my guilt ridden conscience this morning. I appreciate it very much and it is true (for me especiall) we never stop learning. I may make the same mistakes repeatedly, but I am still learning all the while and hopefully in a positive fashion.
You referred to yourself recently, IIRC, as a Grand Dad. Well, while our ages would probably correspond closely to being brothers, I do thank you for being a Grand Dad for me today. God bless.

(OF)FOC

Techsamillion, you don't need to apologize to me about your concern about the Jackets problems. Most of us has gone over the edge due to our frustrations. It never bothers me when someone disagrees with me unless they get personal because I know they feel very deeply about their convictions about the problems and solutions. I believe all the guys and gals that post on this site love the Jackets. By the way I also apologized to 83Jacket several weeks ago about my little flare up at him and he is an all right guy.
Just continue to support the Jackets and raise hell when they disappoint you.

Techsamillion, great post. I appreciate everyone's opinion but agree with your thoughts. I sometimes disagree with 83 but I value his opinion which is why I use this board.

You have realized an over-riding factor which was first brought to light by Bradley about "rabid" fans. At halftime I saw and interview with the father and brother of Terrance Edwards. After big contributions to winning several games, he dropped one pass. When he returned to Athens there were terrible messages on his answering machine and e-mail. There were signs around campus with his name crossed out. His father said after that there was a huge outpouring of support for the young man. He also said it tore him up to see his son disrespected that way. The little brother said he would probably still consider ugag.

The point is we have a QB problem but it is a game. I am as rabid a fan as they come and I hate losing. But that game was 60 minutes out of AJs life and will not define his character or success for the rest of his life.

He doesn't go out and purposely attempt to embarrass Tech and piss off the fans. CG does not wake up and decide "How can I blow this million dollar gig."

So Bradley's article, the Edwards' incident, and now your apology really puts things in perspective for me and I appreciate it. I will still be a demanding fan, critical of the coaches but less so of student athletes that are playing a game to get through college.

Kelly Rhino will probably not be in the NFL. No one would question his heart or desire to win. I would argue that AJ and all the rest do THEIR best to make us proud and sometimes you come up a little short.

And that's my 2 cents.

Yes Techsamillion, I live in the middle Ga. area near Macon. It's a small world isn't it? I am familiar with the area you describe. It's good to know you were a former neighbor.

Thanks for the encoraging words, Big Buck. In reflection, I wonder whay I lashed out at 83. He provies eppecially posts good informaion and attempts to stabilize the ship (which is an admirable trait) I guess as we get to know each other better, these things will work themselves out. Thanks for your many good posts and understanding. By the way, aren't you a Macon guy? I lived here 18 years in the 60's, 70's, and part of he 80's, an 90's. Lived on East Napier, South Bibb County, and just off PioNono several blocks behind Krispy Kreme.

Thanks,
John (OF)FOC

(OF)FOC

Back