Athletic Administration Turnover

clapper

Dodd-Like
Any chance they have a kid going to school up there?
No. He has a young son (elementary school age) from his first marriage (that his current wife broke up). The spin is that she wanted to move back up north and is being given more responsibility in the new position. Just leave it at that.

ricejacket

Damn Good Rat
She graduated from Yale. She may want to return to the Northeast and/or the Ivy
League. The wife can motivate relocations. That is how I ended up in Tennessee.
That's how I ended up in Houston. My wife supported me through grad school so I can't complain.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
No. He has a young son (elementary school age) from his first marriage (that his current wife broke up). The spin is that she wanted to move back up north and is being given more responsibility in the new position. Just leave it at that.
That seems healthy...

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Not bad to diversify his experience if he wants to be an AD one day. A few years at Brown and he could position himself for an Ivy AD job. He could always work his way back to GT when our AD gig is open again in the future.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Not bad to diversify his experience if he wants to be an AD one day. A few years at Brown and he could position himself for an Ivy AD job. He could always work his way back to GT when our AD gig is open again in the future.
At Tech he was "senior associate athletic director" with primary responsibility for finance. At Brown – a much smaller school with a much smaller athletics budget and a much smaller athletics profile, on-campus or nationally – he'll be "deputy athletics director for finance and external relations."

Seems like a step down rather than a step up, to me.
PS. I know nothing about the situation and applaud people who realize there are more important things in life than career advancement.

Vespid

Billy Jacks Illegitimate Son
When you listen to the wrong head you end up in the Talking Heads "Once in a Lifetime" more often than not

The Champ

Dodd-Like
At Tech he was "senior associate athletic director" with primary responsibility for finance. At Brown – a much smaller school with a much smaller athletics budget and a much smaller athletics profile, on-campus or nationally – he'll be "deputy athletics director for finance and external relations."

Seems like a step down rather than a step up, to me.
PS. I know nothing about the situation and applaud people who realize there are more important things in life than career advancement.
Looks like deputy/asst are parallel titles at brown and GT. He’ll have finance + external relations which I assume is PR/Marketing. The budget is much smaller, but his responsibility scope is wider. Im not saying it’s a step up, but don’t think it’s a step down either. Also He only made $175K here as well (which feels light for an Athletics CFO) so maybe the pay is better.

Either way great guy and player. Would love to see him return some day