Athlon says

F

flushed 01

UGAG is the best head coaching job in America, pure BS

I presume they base that on the recruiting territory, mostly. The uga job has a lot of advantages, competitively but severely lacks in prestige. You never really hear of the top, established coaches sniffing around when they have an opening.

I presume they base that on the recruiting territory, mostly. The uga job has a lot of advantages, competitively but severely lacks in prestige. You never really hear of the top, established coaches sniffing around when they have an opening.
They are underestimating the "damage" pro sports do to the fanbase as compared to a state like Alabama or South Carolina where there is nothing even close.

Companies in Georgia generally buy braves tickets or falcons tickets to entertain clients. In Alabama, it is college football if you want to impress.

If you look at the UGA job for what it is it absolutely is one of the best jobs in America and the argument could definitely be made it's the best. We are fortunate that they are so good at underachieving.

If you look at the UGA job for what it is it absolutely is one of the best jobs in America and the argument could definitely be made it's the best. We are fortunate that they perennially underachieve.

Our piss poor recruiting is a factor in them being one of the best jobs. They’ve had little resistance if any in owning the fan base of the state. Hopefully CGC can change that. Our success will make their HC job worse.

Yes, beating them eight years in a row would be a big help, too.
We really only need to beat them 4 out of every 10 games to hurt their recruiting. They still would walk away with very nice recruiting classes. But UGAG job is not better than Ohio St, Alabama, Michigan , Texas Texas a/m or possibly Clemson right now.

Recruiting area took a huge hit, after losing the 404.

We really only need to beat them 4 out of every 10 games to hurt their recruiting. They still would walk away with very nice recruiting classes. But UGAG job is not better than Ohio St, Alabama, Michigan , Texas Texas a/m or possibly Clemson right now.
It will take a lot for us to make inroads that hurt their recruiting. I am not saying it is impossible, but as you say it will only come if we can have increased success against them on the field. Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Clempsen, Notre Dame, etc., haven't "hurt" Georgia's recruiting. The still get a dozen or more every year of the elite players available. When they lose one to their competition, they have another one ready to plug in. And they rarely lose one to us. Hopefully that will change.

I'd love to have the uga hc job. The thought of having total control to embarass that fanbase in horrific fashion gives me a half-chub just thinking about it.

I'd love to have the uga hc job. The thought of having total control to embarass that fanbase in horrific fashion gives me a half-chub just thinking about it.

You can even hold on to it a while if you do ok most of the time but then screw it all up when it matters, do something like call a fake punt when you shouldn't.

I'll be the one to say it might be the best job from a coach's standpoint:
- access to some of the best recruits in the country
- if a player can color between the lines, he can stay eligible (and if you play well enough, they'll forgive going outside the lines)
- when you inevitably lose, the fans go back to their mantra of 'Just wait till next year'....so no real pressure to win the big one.

Hence the old joke: Why is it great to date a UGA girl? She'll never expect a ring.

Back