Atlanta likely out as host of ACC title game.

Terrific post on Jim Stephens, Ylojk8. I was very tempted to bring the entire thread on over here. Will u post it soon here?
If u don't I'm gonna hoist the entire thread in a day or 2
smile.gif
. Everybody needs to read what Col Stephens is doing for GT.
Again, thanks for an excellent post.

Charlotte would absolutely stink for a December title game.

Jax is good...but since the Gator Bowl is already there....I would like to see Orlando get the ACC championship game.

If it was up to the powers, the ACC Championship Football Game would be played in the Greensboro Coliseum.

Just a note: Men tying their sweaters across their narrow shoulders or broad hips like the tarhole or puke fellas do, is out of fashion in the new bust your ass ACC.

that post has already been posted on stingtalk.
discerning users should have perused it already.

unfortunately, unless it's somebody bashing somebody else, stuff gets overlooked here.

ironically, i posted the report here on stingtalk before i posted it on the hive sportscenter. a stingtalk lurker emailed me to post it on the hive.

The weather in Charlotte in Dec is very dicey. Too bad, because the stadium is beautiful and given a sunny day, which does happen, it would be a great venue. Jax is definitely safer though.

The MT said Orlando was also interested.

What about New Orleans?

Originally posted by kirbee:
The MT said Orlando was also interested.

What about New Orleans?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NO has no ties to the ACC and is not located near any ACC schools. Might as well hold in the RCA Dome in Indianapolis, although the parties would definitely be better in the Big Easy.
smile.gif

I like the idea of Orlando or Jax. Charlotte, while a very nice complex, has weather issues that time of year.

Raymond James stadium in Tampa would also be nice.

BBR

Look for it (ACC Championship game, if there is one) to locate in either Orlando or Tampa for the next few years.

Back