Auburn resumes wreck tech parade

1865Jacket

Varsity Lurker
Sorry if it's already been posted (I didn't see anything), nice to see the excitement is still there for this rivalry. This page shows the history pretty well.

auburn alumni page

I love it!! You don't get this stuff playing NC State.
Who was there with me in '78, when Eddie Lee threw the option pass for a TD to Drew Hill?, or was it vice versa?

Tech-Auburn was a great southern football rivalry. Its a shame it has been gone for so long. Many of those watching this years game will have no idea of the wars battled between these two teams... That's sad.

If anyone can get me a copy of the 1978 game I would do (almost) anything for it. One of my favorite Tech memories.

What's sad is that Auburn has been trying to pull out of the rest of our games with them in this go around. We ahve said no so far, but I dont know if the expansion will change our stance. I guess stay tuned.

It might well be worth it to go see some of those Auburn lasses in their PJ's.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
If anyone can get me a copy of the 1978 game I would do (almost) anything for it. One of my favorite Tech memories.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Don't know if this is legit or not, but '78 is listed.

Link Here

NC, unless you have your tailgate spot already, meet me and my bud's at JR Crickets across from the V around 1pm. Great place to mix it up with Tiger fans before kickoff.

A rivalry that has been lost. My last best memory was the night game we played over there when Dewberry was QB and we were getting schooled all the first half like 40 to nothing and we came out on their turf in the second half and turned it into a brawl and wound up losing 48 - 34. The whole second half was a fight and we never quit and I'm sure they were glad to see us leave. I remember listening to that one on radio with Big Al. The first half you gave up but we fought like mad the whole second half and came close to taking the game. Great performance, Jackets!

Man, it's great to see some of our rivals
renewing old football traditions.

What I would give to see us renew some of
our old traditions. ie; Freshman Rats

I can remember many a Saturday when some
our Rats would take on the opposing team's
mascots.

"IT's GREAT TO BEE A YELLOW JACKET!!"
"TO HELL WITH GEORGIA EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!!"

Originally posted by oldgoldbee:
Man, it's great to see some of our rivals
renewing old football traditions.

What I would give to see us renew some of
our old traditions. ie; Freshman Rats

I can remember many a Saturday when some
our Rats would take on the opposing team's
mascots.

"IT's GREAT TO BEE A YELLOW JACKET!!"
"TO HELL WITH GEORGIA EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!!"
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Remember them rushing Auburn's tiger mascot one year and getting a little tail.

Yep, I remember the tail episode.

Bob Hope could not have said it
better......"Thanks for the memories."

Thanks for the link JJacket. Anybody ever buy one of these game films?

LL, thanks for the invite but unfortunately I have kids who are athletes and my weekends are always tied up with them. If I can ever get away and get to a game I'll try to get up with some StingTalkers for tailgating.

Also remember the Rats going after, I beelieve, the Citadel's mascot and hurt the kid. Did not reflect very well on GT. Only the coaches, players, band, mascots should bee on the field. In these days & times to do otherwise is asking for trouble.

Back