AUBURN TICKETS - WTF?

chilidogking

Damn Good Rat
Did anyone else get screwed on Auburn tickets??

I can't believe what just happened to me.
I was allowed to order 20 tickets to the game, all of which were going to family members and close friends of the family who don't have season tickets.

I've been out of town on business for the last two weeks and I just returned home to find out that only FOUR tickets were sent to me.

I've already taken money for 20 tickets, and now I only have 4. Any ideas on who I complain to aout this? This is un-freakin-believable. How in the world I am going to come up with 16 more tickets is beyond me.

I hope the ticket office goes bankrupt.

I think you should sell those 4 tickets to me for face value and then tell the truth to family and friends and say that you don't have any tickets to that game
smile.gif
Just kidding. Sorry to hear this happened to you.

Thats amazing!!! I ordered 4 tickets and got 20!!! What a coincidence. Only paid for 4, too.
blue.gif

Ramblinwise
laugh.gif

Sorry chilidogking, I know it is not funny to you, but I had to laugh at RW's post.

Father Time

Originally posted by ramblinwise1:
Thats amazing!!! I ordered 4 tickets and got 20!!! What a coincidence. Only paid for 4, too.
blue.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ok, that is pretty funny.

On the off chance that anyone has any extra tickets they want to sell for face value, I'm in need of however many you have. I managed to come up with 6 over the weekend. Only 10 more to go...

cdk, I've got 2 extra in the North endzone...
I'll sell 'em at face value to anyone wearing white and gold ....
e-mail me

I'm ignorant on this I admit, but HOW did you plan on getting 20 more tickets from the GTAA? Isn't that excessive? Maybe they were trying to be fair to other people wanting extra tickets to the game too that are behind you. Is there a limit on 4 maybe? I don't know these things, educate me. I only get 2 season tickets and never need anymore.

I hate defending the GTAA, but really. I can understand 6 tickets, even 8, but 20?? Do you have that many friends to begin with? Just kidding...
wink.gif

We ordered 12 tickets for the UVA game. We only got 2 in the mail.

We went down to the ticket office and demanded respect.

We have all 12 tickets now.

Originally posted by chilidogking:

I completely agree that 20 tickets sounds excessive, but to date I have not been refunded for the 16 that I didn't get, despite the voice mail that they left me more than 10 days ago saying that I was only getting 4 tickets and the remainder would be refunded.

If nothing else they could've already given me a damn refund.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The single game priority order form did not say there were any limits, but it did say that tickets will be given out according to A-T priority points. I guess the demand was high for season ticket holders.

I asked for 16 extras to AUB, but I was only given 6. I haven't received my refund yet either, but when I called to ask last Wed (8/20) they said that the refunds will be going out this week.

A little common sense would do wonders toward getting more Tech fans in the seats than Auburn, Ga, etc.

A-T contributors should be able to buy up as many as they want, but next in line ought be plain old season ticket holders followed by Tech fans who purchase single game tickets. All of these BEFORE the ticket dept.'s infamous Aug 1st date.

That is the day it seems half the Tech community has to suffer the indignation of scrapping for tickets with Univ. of Georgia people.

Braine is probably looking down on the whole mess thinking of his memo that will brag about attendance being up and how many post season trips the "olympic sports teams" went to under his tenure.

Quite frankly, it is one thing to see this annual sea of red, orange etc. in our stadium, quite another to think of how our policies enable them to do it.

Originally posted by Father WASP:
A-T contributors should be able to buy up as many as they want, but next in line ought be plain old season ticket holders followed by Tech fans who purchase single game tickets. All of these BEFORE the ticket dept.'s infamous Aug 1st date.

Quite frankly, it is one thing to see this annual sea of red, orange etc. in our stadium, quite another to think of how our policies enable them to do it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yep - I've been informed that the Atlanta area Alumni Association went in with the UNC and Clemson alumni clubs and split up the 3 game mini-passes. I'm so glad they were able to get my tickets. Like you said, it's our policies that enable them to do it.

This is all really easy to figure out....

GTAA expanded the stadium to 55,000. We couldn't sell out what we had before, we are coming off of the biggest butt whooping that ugag has ever put on us, and then followed that up with a loss to a 2nd string Fresno St. team.

Uh oh, how are we going sell all of those seats for the lesser games? There is the potential to lose a revenue amount equal to an entire game's worth of ticket sales from empty seats at the lesser games.

Lets FORCE Auburn and UGAG fans to buy those empty seats! We will label it as a 3-game mini-package. So in order to get the money for empty seats, GTAA sold it soul to the devil (better known as Auburn or UGAG fans).

Those fans won't think twice about spending the extra money to secure seats for the AU/UGAG game. They can throw away, sell, or give away the other games. Easier to buy those mini-packages, than to contriubte large sums of money to their booster club. Of course, these same fans probably don't think twice about spending $100 on lottery tickets.

Go ask any ugag fan who holds GT season tickets. It is cheaper for them to do it that way.

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
I'm ignorant on this I admit, but HOW did you plan on getting 20 more tickets from the GTAA? Isn't that excessive? Maybe they were trying to be fair to other people wanting extra tickets to the game too that are behind you. Is there a limit on 4 maybe? I don't know these things, educate me. I only get 2 season tickets and never need anymore.

I hate defending the GTAA, but really. I can understand 6 tickets, even 8, but 20?? Do you have that many friends to begin with? Just kidding...
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I called and asked if there was a limit. They said no so I ordered 10. Next thing you know I have several more people asking if I can get them tickets. So I called the Ticket office back the next week, told them I had already ordered 10 and asked if it was still possible to order more. Their response was once again that there was no limit.

I completely agree that 20 tickets sounds excessive, but to date I have not been refunded for the 16 that I didn't get, despite the voice mail that they left me more than 10 days ago saying that I was only getting 4 tickets and the remainder would be refunded.

I must say that I am less than impressed with the ticket office on this one. I can understand setting a limit, but when I made 2 separate orders and was assured both times that there was no limit, I expect to get my entire order filled.

If nothing else they could've already given me a damn refund.

When you see Bubba Ray hitting his War Eagle horn on his Ford pickup as he pulls up over the curb, gets out with a stash of RedMan in one fist and a stack of tickets to BDS in the other...well, it will become quite clear what happened. Thank Braine and the infamous ticket dept. for the "sell em to anyone who wants em" policy vs. taking care of Tech fans first.

Back