Awesome Articles on Gailey and Gathers in AJC (link)

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like
Linking to AJC Sports Page. The College Football 2002 Preview is filled with great articles on GT football.

Article on Coach Gailey is one of the better I've read. Love hearing from Kim King and others. Nice article on Greg Gathers. WOW, a scary story comes to light here. God bless him and his family who are super people, GOODNESS. Awesome picture of Greg. Hummer gives us a look at big Nat Dorsey which I really enjoyed. Hollis breaks down what he feels are stenghths and question on the team. Break down on each game with comments in another article.

I'm buying the AJC tomorrow for the first time in a while.
grin.gif

Link to AJC Sports College Football 2002 Preview

Interesting that the depth chart looks totally unlike what we've been hearing from practice reports.

Yes. KUDOS to the AJC for some serious in-depth reporting! Wasn't Jack Wilkinson the one who wrote "Focused on the Top" about the '90 MNC team? Great stuff indeed.

If you're so inclined, please keep Greg Gathers and his family in your prayers. He's very important to the Jackets, but he's MUCH more important to his family!

Not convinced that depth chart is better than the one we'd deduce from reading the practice reports.

Wonder when rr.com will post an official one? Should be soon.

Hey Goldtimer, I thought there was a depth chart already updated and posted on rr.com yesterday? It's the lead story in the football section I think.

Goldtimer,

Look in the game notes pdf file. You will find the two deep roster along with the Vandy/GT stats.

Shows Dixon as the starter at fullback, which agrees with what Chan said on his call in show.

Thanks, ntexasbuzz. (Wish rr.com/GTAA/SID would make less frequent use of pdf files, as i find them inefficient for online viewing, but no big deal.)

I'll capture an image of GT's depth chart and post it in the DAILY BUZZ when i get a chance (maybe tonight). Busy catching rays on the dock and resting from a heavy morning workout now.

RB (or NE1), please post a link. I'm having trouble finding it. (I'm talking about a chart or table, not verbage, now.) Maybe it's one of those links they hide in articles.

I probably missed it. Now that I'm not doing the morning news, I'm not staying quite as up to date. Sure am enjoying conditioning in the cool early morning hours though!

Back