"B-" WTF??

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Miami and FSU get B's based on history. Interesting that the national rankings are not listed.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
This is a grade for recruiting classes based on NSD and UNC, Miami, and FSU all signed more than twice as many 4*'s as we did, thus they get a higher grade. The Syracuse grade looks a little high. Kudos to CGC and staff getting the class we got; they get an A for effort; but not for the actual class.

Nanajoth

Varsity Lurker
Most of the ratings are a joke anyhow, if they were correct they would not need to go back in later years and fix them. Wait until they play.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Don’t see anything wrong with that grade. Can’t give As to the entire Top 30.

Edit. I take that back. VT got a C+ for one of (if not) the worst P5 classes in the country.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Well they are comparing us to everyone, rather than to our own historical averages.

How did VPI not get an F with only one 4 star and Five(!) 2 stars.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like

Edit. I take that back. VT got a C+ for one of (if not) the worst P5 classes in the country.
If they're just going to go down the line and give grades based on where teams finished nationally, without providing any other context, it seems rather redundant...since they already have teams ranked nationally.

It would be like trying to rank coaching hires and providing the same criteria to a hire at Ohio State as at Arkansas State. No öööö Ohio State is going to get the coach with a better resume.

aeromech

Dodd-Like

What is hilarious is the same fonts who are celebrating our Rivals recruiting rankings are bemoaning our Rivals recruiting grade. You live by Rivals you die by Rivals.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
What is hilarious is the same fonts who are celebrating our Rivals recruiting rankings are bemoaning our Rivals recruiting grade. You live by Rivals you die by Rivals.
Rivals and 247 are pretty much interchangeable to me. I don't love or hate either one. I just think it's a bit silly to go down the line and give teams alphabetical grades that simply align with where they sit in the rankings. There's a better measure of that already out there, and it's the rankings themselves.

I gave the example of outlets that grade coaching hires because they generally try to take into account where the teams are in relation to their competition, their personnel, etc. These "grades," on the other hand, are about as superficial as it gets.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
National and even regional Rivals guys don't know crap. Too many recruits to see, especially in the southeast.

Recruiting rankings are pretty good in a very large sample size and to show a long term trend. They suck worse and worse as you narrow the sample.

The Jacket

The Coat
If you see something stupid written about your team, the only rational assumption to make is that the anger or incredulity you feel is exactly what the writer hoped to elicit. Ideally, it will be enough for you to share a link to their article, providing them with clicks and ad revenue. Being right or fair are not in the best interest of their employer's bottom line. This doesn't only apply to outlets like Bleacher Report anymore.

covingtonjacket

Knowledge superspreader
Described Duke's class this way:
"The Blue Devils addressed some important needs in this class but there aren’t any four-stars in the class of 16 recruits and they averaged less than three-stars per commitment."

Rated us the same. Does not compute.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
23rd out of what 130 schools puts us at top 17%, which is a low B if you grade on a curve. B- makes sense. I don’t think it’s an insult. Considering we usually get an F.

The Jacket

The Coat
Described Duke's class this way:
"The Blue Devils addressed some important needs in this class but there aren’t any four-stars in the class of 16 recruits and they averaged less than three-stars per commitment."

Rated us the same. Does not compute.
It isn't supposed to compute. It's supposed to do this.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
23rd out of what 130 schools puts us at top 17%, which is a low B if you grade on a curve. B- makes sense. I don’t think it’s an insult. Considering we usually get an F.
They should do a "Grading the Sun Belt programs." Every school gets an F.

Dividing these up by conference but grading each team from a national perspective is beyond retarded.