BAD language?

gtfan

Sith Lord
Staff member
DON'T EVER drop an F Bomb on the board! I know emotions are high but lets try to communicate in an appropriate manner.

GTFAN, I really appreciate your stand on this issue. Otherwise it could degenerate to the point that many could be reluctant to come here. Thanks again.

Originally posted by gtfan:
DON'T EVER drop an F Bomb on the board! I know emotions are high but lets try to communicate in an appropriate manner.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This is directed at me. I apologize. I'll stick with idiot and moron for now on and move on.

Originally posted by Big Buck:
GTFAN, I really appreciate your stand on this issue. Otherwise it could degenerate to the point that many could be reluctant to come here. Thanks again.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">COULD degenerate? I'm sorry....but this board has already become a quagmire of hidden agendas and idiocy of mutt-like magnitude.

I've been following Georgia Tech football for well over 30 of my 41+ years, and that period obviously has included some years for which the term, 'lean', is a gross understatement.

Although not directly connected to the GTAA, I also have enough insight into significant events to know where culpability lies.....and where it does not. Unlike a select few, however, I also am cognizant of the fact that while I have a good job and the security of knowing that I am working in an area for which I am suited.......coaching major college football ain't it.

I also am objective enough to realize that, while I am NOT participating in (a) practices, (b) team meetings, (c) one-on-one player meetings, (d) coaches' meetings, (e) film evaluations, etc, even if I WAS, the total coaching experience around me would hold an advantage of 170+ years to my 0.

Has every decision this HC/staff has made from Day 1 been the best one possible?

Doubt it......those would be some long odds for anyone.

Does this staff have more experience, direct insight, and personal/professional investment into making the decisions that affect this team than everyone on this message board combined?

Damn right they do.

Am I a 'blind loyalist'? Hell, no.......but......I'm also bright enough to know what I DON'T know, and am secure enough to admit to same.

The staff we have coaching the football team at Georgia Tech is a very good one, in my opinion, and one that will do what THEY feel is best for the program. Unlike some 'fans', they only have that charge as their agenda.....and they will make no bones about it.

If the test of a few seasons shows that they are NOTt the staff we need to field a successful program, then a change will have to be made.....as has been and will always be the case in major college football.

However, that very test of time will be the key.....not the dogma of predestiny espoused by a handful of armchair AD's on this board, for whom the obvious mantra of "any failure will be the fault of....hummmmmm.....any success will be in spite of....hummmmmm....." will be the calling card for the next 4+ months. For them, the support for and success of the Georgia Tech program come second to their insecure need for validation that only its failure could achieve.

COULD degenerate, Big Buck?

Been there.

Done that.

It's unfortunate many just won't read your post Buzzfan. Best post on this board YET.

Good post, no more mentioning Fridgen.

Originally posted by Buzzfan:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Big Buck:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">COULD degenerate? I'm sorry....but this board has already become a quagmire of hidden agendas and idiocy of mutt-like magnitude.

I've been following Georgia Tech football for well over 30 of my 41+ years, and that period obviously has included some years for which the term, 'lean', is a gross understatement.

Although not directly connected to the GTAA, I also have enough insight into significant events to know where culpability lies.....and where it does not. Unlike a select few, however, I also am cognizant of the fact that while I have a good job and the security of knowing that I am working in an area for which I am suited.......coaching major college football ain't it.

I also am objective enough to realize that, while I am NOT participating in (a) practices, (b) team meetings, (c) one-on-one player meetings, (d) coaches' meetings, (e) film evaluations, etc, even if I WAS, the total coaching experience around me would hold an advantage of 170+ years to my 0.

Has every decision this HC/staff has made from Day 1 been the best one possible?

Doubt it......those would be some long odds for anyone.

Does this staff have more experience, direct insight, and personal/professional investment into making the decisions that affect this team than everyone on this message board combined?

Damn right they do.

Am I a 'blind loyalist'? Hell, no.......but......I'm also bright enough to know what I DON'T know, and am secure enough to admit to same.

The staff we have coaching the football team at Georgia Tech is a very good one, in my opinion, and one that will do what THEY feel is best for the program. Unlike some 'fans', they only have that charge as their agenda.....and they will make no bones about it.

If the test of a few seasons shows that they are NOTt the staff we need to field a successful program, then a change will have to be made.....as has been and will always be the case in major college football.

However, that very test of time will be the key.....not the dogma of predestiny espoused by a handful of armchair AD's on this board, for whom the obvious mantra of "any failure will be the fault of....hummmmmm.....any success will be in spite of....hummmmmm....." will be the calling card for the next 4+ months. For them, the support for and success of the Georgia Tech program come second to their insecure need for validation that only its failure could achieve.

COULD degenerate, Big Buck?

Been there.

Done that.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bill Lewis & his staff had more experience, direct insight, and personal/professional investment into making the decisions that affect GT Football more than everyone on this message board combined...

Think before you post next time..

Buzzfan.. you have written the best post I have read on this board... thanks for taking the time to write it...

Buzzfan, really good, and I couldn't agree more about the idiocy of ME evaluating this coaching staff on anything other than wins and losses and possibly effort level of the team.

The last year of DB, however, I will hold my opinion.

Made it out to the flats yesterday afternoon for the first time this year. I thought the pace and organization were excellent. Of course, this was from my "fan" perspective.

Great post! Thanks.

Originally posted by BeeBad:
Bill Lewis & his staff had more experience, direct insight, and personal/professional investment into making the decisions that affect GT Football more than everyone on this message board combined...

Think before you post next time..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">....ergo, we're equal to the coaching staff? Get off your high horse - you don't deserve to be up there.

I have an idea - let's save all our money, and choose each football decision via StingTalk chat! We'd do better than every coach that has ever existed!

Why can't you realize that CHAN is our coach this season, and there's nothing you can do about it? Certainly you can't be one of those people that woprks their whole life to get a "told you so", can you?

Back