Basketball vs. UGA moving to November in 2019/20

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Hawkeye, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Cruncher of the Numbers

Loc:
    Toombs County
    Team:
    Beesball
    https://ramblinwreck.com/tech-uga-basketball-moves-to-nov-in-2019-2020/

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I guess it's good that it will make it easier for students to go to games - however I must say that I had no difficulty driving 3 hours for December games when I was a student (but whatever). On the other hand, I get the feeling that no one is going to really care about the basketball game because we'll still be playing football, which is the bigger fish to fry for most people.

2. gtfan088

gtfan088 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    We've played them in November before. I remember a good crowd at AMC in 2002 when Elder went off on them. It was the second game of the year.

As long as it's during the week, it'll be fine. (Edit: Just read the article, and they will be during the week.)

3. midatlantech

midatlantech Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Baltimore, MD
    Good strategy! We are a very young team this year, getting older the next two.

4. brackam97

brackam97 Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    It kills me to see what this game has become. The move to on campus years back killed what was once a real event. Of course bad basketball also had a hand in it but that decision really diminished a once great and intense battle on the hardwood.

Time of the year is not going to change things. Let’s go back to yearly at State Farm Arena.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Cruncher of the Numbers

Loc:
    Toombs County
    Team:
    Beesball
    Game at McCamish this year is sold out. I just paid $100 for two tickets on Stubhub.

I bought two tickets for $20 the day of the game last year. I feel like we're doing our part; I expect a raucous environment on Saturday. THWG.

6. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    The move to campus did not kill this rivalry... crappy basketball, not just from one but from both teams, killed this rivalry. When one 12-18 team is hanging its hat on beating an 14-16 team (or whatever), don't expect a lot of excitement.

• Like Like x 2