BayBay documentary

I remember taking my at-the-time 11 year old son to one our games in Charlottesville. I don’t recall the year but I do remember one thing - we stomped them which was pretty rare in their place.

After all the Hoo fans left but a couple minutes left, I grabbed my kid and we made a bee-line to the front row behind the Tech bench.

Bay-Bay was maybe a couple yards away - he was a very big dude. I said something to get his attention and he spun around and gave my kid one of those looks and nods that you do when you just want to share a moment with a little kid you don’t even know just to make him happy.

I was pretty bummed when he died. All the joy he loved to share and how he enjoyed connecting with people and just like that it was over.

I remember taking my at-the-time 11 year old son to one our games in Charlottesville. I don’t recall the year but I do remember one thing - we stomped them which was pretty rare in their place.

After all the Hoo fans left but a couple minutes left, I grabbed my kid and we made a bee-line to the front row behind the Tech bench.

Bay-Bay was maybe a couple yards away - he was a very big dude. I said something to get his attention and he spun around and gave my kid one of those looks and nods that you do when you just want to share a moment with a little kid you don’t even know just to make him happy.

I was pretty bummed when he died. All the joy he loved to share and how he enjoyed connecting with people and just like that it was over.

After his first season with the Broncos, my kids and I ended up in a TopGolf bay next to him and his girl friend.
Extremely nice and engaging, yet shy. My kids, especially my youngest who is now 22, thought it was the coolest thing ever. RIP.

I think that would have been 2009. Wet game? Dwyer knocked a defender on his ass on one run?

I think that would have been 2009. Wet game? Dwyer knocked a defender on his ass on one run?

I was there!

Now I remember - that was the same game. After the stadium-wide collective *Gasp!*, it was so quiet except for a small, waterlogged contingent of Tech fans cheering Dwyer. I’ll give that UVa linebacker some credit, tho - he peeled himself off the carpet and kept playing.

Funny about the weather that day - literally an Indonesian/Amazon Cyclone of rain the whole time but when we went down to the Tech sideline, it was bright and sunny. Just like Bay-Bay.

Back