Beat Duke!

GTCrew4b

Get That Corn Outta Ma Face
We are as good if not slightly better than Duke when both playing at our best. We are good at home. This is a winnable game for sure but it will take a good game from us. No heroics. Good team ball.

00Burdell

Dodd-Like
I hate it when Duke loses right before they play us.

We are both 4-1 over the last five games.

GT98

Dodd-Like
Duke hasn't lost any ACC game by double digits, and got a win over Virginia. This will be a fight.
Not too mention the likelihood of GT having to play 5 v 8. This is when you actually want Teddy V as he doesn't take crap from Coach K.

Beeski

Damn Good Rat
Need Devoe to be hot (or at least warm)
Need Wright to stay out of foul trouble

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Turnovers and bad shots will be our downfall. If we can limit those our chances are high.

The Jacket

The Coat
I hate it when Duke loses right before they play us.
Same. It didn't really dawn on me until right before they tipped against Louisville, Duke is always going to be more dangerous in a game like this after a loss. But even so, I don't think this is a "we have to be perfect to win" game. We are good enough to handle business.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Same. It didn't really dawn on me until right before they tipped against Louisville, Duke is always going to be more dangerous in a game like this after a loss. But even so, I don't think this is a "we have to be perfect to win" game. We are good enough to handle business.
An emphatic win might solidify us for MM

The Jacket

The Coat
An emphatic win might solidify us for MM
I think so. If we beat them the way we beat Miami and finished against Syracuse, I think we're close to being a lock. Do that, and we'd have to embarrass ourselves in the following two games to miss out.

Graybeard Jacket

Varsity Lurker
I think we're a little better than Duke and playing at home, but it is close. The type of game in which small things can shift the balance. Foul trouble, especially if it is Moses. An injury, like when Usher rolled an ankle or Alvarado took a shot to the leg.

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
Turnovers and bad shots will be our downfall. If we can limit those our chances are high.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Turnovers are NOT an issue. We lead the ACC in turnover margin.

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
Not too mention the likelihood of GT having to play 5 v 8. This is when you actually want Teddy V as he doesn't take crap from Coach K.

This is the problem. In our January game, we shot 5 FTs. Five! Duke shot 22. We were outrebounded 43 to 28, and 11 to 5 in offensive rebounds.

Moses was 6 for 17 and Devoe was 2 for 9.

We tied the game at 68 with 1:40 left, and never scored again while Duke made 7 FTs.

Moses is playing much better now than he was during that stretch, and Devoe is at least a little bit more consistent. Duke is playing better as well, but I like our chances in this game.

GTCrew4b

Get That Corn Outta Ma Face
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Turnovers are NOT an issue. We lead the ACC in turnover margin.
Them not being an issue doesn’t mean they can’t be a key stat for our team success.