Beat Duke!

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
yes, we know that. Because you’ve douched up every single basketball thread the entire season. Making the same point over and over and over again. Talk about a clown LOL. Despite your thousands of negative posts you’ve literally garnered zero allies in the basketball forum. Good work you must be proud. It must really suck to go through life where you let something like a basketball coach become an unhealthy obsession and make you so miserable. You really should think about staying off the forum for the rest of the season, for your own mental health.
C l u b S e a t s
l
u
b
S
e
a
t
s

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
The 5th foul on Hurt was the worst call on either team by a stretch.
That was the one call Duke got. 7-8 other bad calls against Tech.

I had it 7-1 in favor of Duke in the officiating department. They gifted the white dude 3 free throws (after the shot foul) and let Duke foul the hell out of our guys.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
That was the one call Duke got. 7-8 other bad calls against Tech.

I had it 7-1 in favor of Duke in the officiating department. They gifted the white dude 3 free throws (after the shot foul) and let Duke foul the hell out of our guys.

Ok

The Jacket

The Coat
We have literally been the worst ACC team since 2000.

We string together 2 good seasons where we've developed talent and will likely make the NCAA tournament. On top of that we have 3 top 150 recruits coming in next year (2 in the top 100). All of this is clear progress and growth in the program.

If you don't see that ou are a complete imbecile.
On both Spotify and StingTalk, we call this a "skip."

Sad.

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
The 5th foul on Hurt was the worst call on either team by a stretch.
Wasnt a bad call. I saw the pushing before the whistle. Duke had been pushing, shoving, and slapping all night. The fact that it actually got called one time doesn’t make it a bad call.

They were playing like a bunch of @jts1207’s last night.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Wasnt a bad call. I saw the pushing before the whistle. Duke had been pushing, shoving, and slapping all night. The fact that it actually got called one time doesn’t make it a bad call.

Duke was persistently initiating hand checks and pushing around in the paint. That big tall bastard was all over everyone and particularly Moses. The refs called 1/4 of the stuff that could have been called against Duke. Meanwhile, we get called for a trip when diving after a loose ball.

05GTCorndog

Dodd-Like
Duke was persistently initiating hand checks and pushing around in the paint. That big tall bastard was all over everyone and particularly Moses. The refs called 1/4 of the stuff that could have been called against Duke. Meanwhile, we get called for a trip when diving after a loose ball.
I didn't think the officiating was bad. There were some that were questionable against both. I think it was pretty even.

Also, that trip was a legit call. The ref played that perfectly. He wasn't going to call it until it impacted the play. If it was recovered cleanly, there was going to be no call. It impacted the play, so he made the call. Can't handle it better than that IMO.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy

Win the game. Duke has more fouls. Tech has more FTs and still scream officials lol

GTRules

Dodd-Like
Paging @ClydeBrick, need a DUT license plate.

In fact, just go ahead and out one is as a default whenever a new thread is posted in this forum.

Bbz_13

Varsity Lurker
Sometimes its possible for more than one thing to be true at the same time.

It is true that the ACC isn’t as good as it has been in the past, so double digit ACC wins don’t mean as much as they used to. For example, our 91-92 team went 8-8 in conference, with a starting lineup of Travis Best, Jon Barry, James Forrest, Malcolm Mackey, and Matt Geiger. That team went to the sweet 16, and was a couple of missed free throws from the elite 8. Just my opinion, but I am pretty sure that team would kick this teams ass.

But last night we beat Duke despite a comedy of errors in the last 2 minutes to almost clinch a tournament spot for the first time in 10 flipping years. How can any Tech fan not be excited about that? I have never liked Pastner, but I sure as eff can set that aside and cheer for a GT team that is finally relevant in hoops.

The Jacket

The Coat
Listen to Andy on Ramblinwreck.com
Did the rw.com broadcast die at exactly 10PM last night for you too? That was a frustrating couple minutes before I got the stream back up, but mostly I am sad i didn't get to hear Andy's call of whatever that multiversal crisis was at the end of the game.

Last edited:

georgia_tech_swagger

Jolly Good Fellow
Teddy Technical was in vintage form last night. Garbage calls leading to a sloppy disjointed game with no pace the entire time. Hard to watch even as a fan of a team in the game.

GT got the win despite trying no less than 5 times to hand it to Duke in the final 90 seconds of regulation and OT. Pastner may have assured himself a tournament berth, but that game did no favors to the perception of his coaching prowess. I remember being relieved seeing Reveno huddle up with Pastner to draw up a play and talking in his ear as he was whiteboarding it to the players. And then we got whatever that stand around and hoist up a 40 footer was from Alvarado. ... oof ...

That said, eff Duke and Teddy Technical and there's an entire swimming pool full of schadenfreude that this killed Duke's tournament hopes that I'm going to enjoy taking laps in.

GTCrew4b

Get That Corn Outta Ma Face
Did the rw.com broadcast die at exactly 10PM last night for you too? That was a frustrating couple minutes before I got the stream back up, but mostly I am sad i didn't get to hear Andy's call of whatever that multiversal crisis was at the end of the game.
I almost missed the complete collapse after the intercepted home run pass because the color guy was just beside himself. I was only able to start listening after OT due to work schedule. Followed the rest on game cast.