"Beat FSU"

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Man I can't believe how many people with only a passing interest in college football hate FSU. And of course the diehard SEC types want them to go down.

For a week now all sorts of people have been telling me that GT just needs to beat FSU. I'm sure you guys are all hearing the same.

What is up with the all the FSU hate? Is it Winston?

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
It's Winston, it's 90s hate, It's Catholics for the Notre Dame robbery, it's all of Florida, it's the SEC.

Pretty much everyone hates them. Let's give them a classic.

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
Winston.
28 straight wins.
They have reclaimed the old Free $hoes U. moniker.

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member
It's 100% Winston. FSU has the image today that we we were used to Miami having forever.

cyptomcat

Hibernating
It's also a lot of conference cheering. Every other conference wants their own team in the playoff, and FSU losing can help that a great deal.

SoCal Jacket

Dodd-Like
Believe its rub off from Winston. Lots of folks regret his receiving Heisman.

rghoae

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Although I think he's an idiot, all the hating on Winston for doing stuff SEC players do on a daily basis (yeah, including rape accusations) is making me almost support the guy.

FSU's problem is they are a scumbag SEC like team not in the SEC. If they were in the SEC where all this was commonplace no one would give a öööö, because expectations of decent behavior from SEC teams don't really exist.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Although I think he's an idiot, all the hating on Winston for doing stuff SEC players do on a daily basis (yeah, including rape accusations) is making me almost support the guy.

See, that's pretty much how I view it as well. Sadly, he is not exactly alone in his bad behavior.

And also some of the stuff he's accused of is most likely coming from a gold digger.

Lastly, I can't imagine what it is like to live under the microscope he's currently under this season. Tough to be a returning Heisman winner I think.

GT98

Dodd-Like

FSU's problem is they are a scumbag SEC like team not in the SEC. If they were in the SEC where all this was commonplace no one would give a öööö, because expectations of decent behavior from SEC teams don't really exist.
Winston is pretty much everything wrong w/sports in this country--entitled POS of a person that gets a free pass for all his behavior due to his athletic ability. He is a grade A dumbass.

Seriously, what are the odds that he doesn't end up broke after getting cut from some NFL team in a couple of years?

floridajacket

The Real DB Cooper
I had a ton of friends on Facebook on the night of ND-FSU game say "for the first time in my life, I am rooting for ND. How can anybody root for Winston?"

I don't know, I've followed the Fulmer Cup for number of years now. I don't think the Criminoles/Winston thing is overblown. Instead, I think people don't realize how close most teams are to FSU or even worse than FSU. Of course many of the best players will be entitled POS's.

Winston does seem...special though. He could have been high, for real, against Florida. Did anybody see that bizarre dance he did after the game was over? I don't know how much of all that stuff about him is true, but he certainly seems headed for some Vince Young sort of crazyness. Most other entitled POS's at least don't screw around when it comes to the game, but Winston has seemed off this year.

GTPilot

Flats Noob

The last two players to garner this hate (Newton & Manziel) were both SEC, so I'm not sure that is accurate. Not to mention that Winston's behavior can be argued to be worse than either of those two.

white&gold

Damn Good Rat
As much as I hate that the ACC will not get a playoff team if we beat FSU, it will be the best GT win in decades if we win. Even though FSU may not be ou toughest opponent in decades (likely not even this year), the implications and factors riding on this game are huge. The entire CFB nation watching us run wild on the "unconquered noles".

SoCal Jacket

Dodd-Like
As much as I hate that the ACC will not get a playoff team if we beat FSU, it will be the best GT win in decades if we win. Even though FSU may not be ou toughest opponent in decades (likely not even this year), the implications and factors riding on this game are huge. The entire CFB nation watching us run wild on the "unconquered noles".
This win will be biggest on national stage since 1990 defeat of #1 UVA. Fantastic catapult into bowl season notice. I believe the last time we defeated an undefeated untied defending National Champion was 1962 Alabama.

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
I can't stand F$u, but this crap that they aren't the best team we'll face is stupid. They haven't lost a game in two years. Without question, this will be the hardest game of the year.

floridajacket

The Real DB Cooper
The last two players to garner this hate (Newton & Manziel) were both SEC, so I'm not sure that is accurate. Not to mention that Winston's behavior can be argued to be worse than either of those two.
Winston is worse if the rape stuff is true. But Newton did steal somebody's laptop at UF and then threw it out the window when it was tracked down. Dan Mullen was supposedly the source for that, who would be a pretty reliable source. The Manziel hate of course was stupid.

Still, there seems to be something different with regard to Winston. Most people had this sort of "I may not like them but they're good football players" artitude towards Manziel and Newton. There seems to be much more vitriol towards Winston.

GTPilot

Flats Noob
This will easily be our biggest stage to minimize the negative recruiting against our offense. Losing to UGA and Iowa in 2009 gave them fuel. Beating UGA and FSU would take the legs out from that argument.

SoCal Jacket

Dodd-Like
This will easily be our biggest stage to minimize the negative recruiting against our offense. Losing to UGA and Iowa in 2009 gave them fuel. Beating UGA and FSU would take the legs out from that argument.
+ a B1G (Ohio State?) in the Orange Bowl. Suddenly, we're the Flavor of the Month in conversations and recruiting.

Watch out, in this case, CPJ could also become a popular consideration for major coaching vacancies that would have not previously considered his Offense.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
i think part of it is winston, part of it is fsu being undefeated for a long time and part of it is not wanting to send acc to the playoffs. i've even some uga fans post about how they want Tech to beat fsu. I think overall fsu is the most hated cfb team in the nation right now.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
This will easily be our biggest stage to minimize the negative recruiting against our offense. Losing to UGA and Iowa in 2009 gave them fuel. Beating UGA and FSU would take the knees out from that argument.
ftfy

gtphd

What a time to be alive
The Manziel hate of course was stupid.

I was 1st row, 50 yard line behind the TAMU bench during the Chick-fil-A Bowl when Manziel got on top of a trainer's supply cabinet and yelled at a ~10 year old child that he was a "fat piece of öööö" and that he should "öööö off" then told him to "go cry" to his "mommy", then called him a "ööööö" for wearing blue to the game.

Manziel deserved more hate than he received.